Trane Heat Pump Reviews - Consumer Ratings - Trane offers heat pumps in efficiency ranges from 13 SEER 7.7 HSPF to 20 SEER 10 HSPF. They also offer a communications ability in one of their top of the line heat pumps. The communications feature allows the user to call the heat pump communication module and adjust settings remotely. For best performance of any brand, it is recommended to get a matching system. Different models have different features.
Trane Heat Pump Reviews - Consumer Ratings | Select Features
- Louvered panels for coil protection.
- Two-Stage cooling and Three-Stage heating for selected models.
- Variable speed compressors in select models.
- Climatuff™ Variable Speed Compressor in select units. This gives you greater efficiency.
- Diagnostics features on heat pump control boards for easier troubleshooting.
- Listing says, “Simplified Two-Wire Connection”. This means you will be reliant on a proprietary thermostat. If something goes wrong you must purchase a new thermostat from the dealer.
- Communications ability in selected models.
- Sound insulators on the compressor.
- They list multi-speed motors in their literature about their heat pumps. Make sure you find out if the multi-speed motor is an ECM variable speed motor or a multi-speed PSC motor. Multi-speed PSC motors are not very efficient at lower speeds
- Lastly, spine fin coils.
- Trane Warranties as Compared to Other Brands 93% 93%
- Trane Quality as Compared to Other Brands 95% 95%
- Consumer Opinion based on Field Experience 77% 77%
- Trane Efficiency Compared to Other Brands 93% 93%
- Overall Trane Opinion from a Technical Perspective 89% 89%
Trane Heat Pump Top SEER Rating
Trane Heat Pump Top HSPF Rating
|Trane Heat Pump Model Comparison|
|XV Series (Premium Model)||XL Series (Mid-Range Model)||XR Series (Economy Model)|
|Efficiency offers up to 20 SEER and|
|Up to 18 SEER and 10 HSPF||up to 17.25 SEER and 9.6 HSPF|
|Warranty options vary with extended warranties available (recommended)||Warranty options vary with extended warranties available (recommeded)||Warranty options vary with extended warranties available (recommended)|
|High-efficiency ECM condenser fan motor.||ECM condenser fan motor.||ECM variable speed motors in the higher efficiency XR models with Single-speed condenser fan motor in the economy models|
|Climatuff Variable Speed Compressor||Two-Stage Climatuff® compressor||Two-Stage Climatuff® compressor and single-stage for other models in the XR Series|
|WeatherGuard II Top with a powder coat finish with DuraTuff Rustproof Basepan||WeatherGuard Zinc-Coated Fasteners with a powder coat finish||WeatherGuard Zinc-Coated Fasteners with a powder coat finish|
for corrosion resistance
|ComfortLink II Communicating Capability and Unique Refrigerant Cooled Inverter Drive.||Conventional controls in specific models with advanced controls optional||Conventional controls in specific models|
|All-aluminum Spine Fin coil||All-aluminum Spine Fin coil||All-aluminum Spine Fin coil|
|Meets ENERGY STAR Heat Pump qualifications||Meets ENERGY STAR Heat Pump qualifications||Some models are Energy Star rated depending on the efficiency rating purchased|
|Additional accessories/features available||Additional accessories/features available||Additional accessories/features available|
Lastly, Trane makes a good heat pump system and they have a very well developed network of Trane certified dealers. These dealers are required to send their technicians to various Trane technical classes. Additionally, Trane requires that some of the technicians be NATE certified. This means the Trane dealer who sells you the product is likely to have trained and qualified technicians. Trained service and installation technicians which are excellent for the end consumer. Any manufacturer can make the best heat pump in the world. However, if it is not installed properly it will not be the best as designed and engineered. This makes it super important for you to select a good HVAC contractor to install the system.
Trane Heat Pump Reviews - Consumer Ratings | History
In 1910 James Trane and his son Reuben began manufacturing a low-pressure heating system to heat homes. Trane has a long history of innovation dating back to its founder and his son. This includes changing the concept of air conditioning for large buildings when in 1938 they introduced the Turbovac. Furthermore, this was the HVAC industries first hermetic centrifugal refrigeration machine.
For more information on Trane and their latest models and efficiency ratings please see the Trane website.
See our other helpful HVAC calculators placed throughout the site: