Day and Night Heat Pump Reviews - Consumer Ratings - Day and Night heat pumps are produced for residential and light commercial applications. They come in SEER ratings from 13 SEER to 19 SEER and 10 HSPF. Day & Night heat pumps also come with R-410A environmentally friendly refrigerant. Selected Day & Night Heat Pumps are Energy Star rated.
The top of the line model offers ECM variable speed condenser fan motor that should be matched with the same efficiency level gas furnace or air handler to get the rated efficiency. If you do not match the indoor unit with the outdoor unit as recommended by the manufacturer then forget about achieving the efficiency level rated on either the indoor unit or the outdoor unit.
An added feature for the top-of-the-line Day & Night models includes a very quiet condenser and air handler. Both the ECM variable-speed condenser and blower motors have soft-start capabilities and are quiet running motors.
Day and Night Heat Pump Reviews - Consumer Ratings | Select Features:
- Select Day & Night heat pumps offer a two-stage scroll compressor
- 5-stage variable-speed compressor operation in select units. This gives you better efficiency and humidity control in the summer.
- Variable-speed ECM condenser fan motor matches the modulation of the compressor for better efficiency. Available only in top-tier units.
- Copper tubing with aluminum fins on Day & Night heat pumps enhance efficiency
- Day & Night heat pumps designed for quiet operation
- Day & Night has a painted steel cabinet for durability
- Dual fuel capable for fitting with gas furnace versus having an air handler with electric heat strips.
- 10-Year No Hassle Replacement™ Limited Warranty
- 10-Year Parts Limited Warranty
Day & Night Top HSPF
Day & Night Top SEER
Always make sure you register the warranty as soon as possible after installation. Manufacturers typically give the consumer 90-days to register but may be different from one manufacturer to another. Additionally, always read the fine print especially if you are basing your purchasing decision on the warranty. Most people are surprised they have to pay for labor if a part goes bad. That is standard in the HVAC industry.
If available, try to purchase an extended part and labor warranty especially if you are purchasing top-tier equipment. See our HVAC Consumers Buyers Guide for more information and to help you through the process of purchasing new equipment.
Day & Night economy models for the lower SEER/HSPF ratings offer a lower price but you get less efficiency which means you save a little upfront but pay for higher power bills. It pays to purchase the higher SEER/HSPF rated equipment in the long run.
Day and Night Heat Pump Reviews - Consumer Ratings | About Day and Night
Day & Night is owned by United Technologies Corporation which is the same company that owns Carrier and produces several different lines of HVAC products.
For more information on Day and Night HVAC Systems and the latest models and efficiency ratings please see the Day & Night website.
Day and Night Heat Pump Reviews - Consumer Ratings