Carrier Heat Pump Reviews - Consumer Ratings - Carrier offers heat pumps in 3 different series. The Infinity Series, The Performance Series, and the Comfort Series with the Infinity Series being the Premium heat pump series Carrier offers. Their heat pump efficiency ranges from 13 SEER 7.7 HSPF to 20.5 SEER and 13 HSPF with heat pump capacity ranges from 1.5 tons to 5 tons making Their heat pumps are ideal for residential and light commercial applications. Their heat pumps are designed to meet or exceed industry standards for noise levels. Various features for selected Carrier Units are:
Carrier Heat Pump Reviews - Consumer Ratings | Select Features
- Selected heat pumps use R-410A refrigerant. High Performance HVAC recommends the use of R-410A in replacement and new heat pumps versus using R-22 refrigerant.
- Two-Stage compressors for more energy efficiency in selected heat pumps
- 23 point diagnostics board in selected heat pumps for easier heat pump troubleshooting
- Steel louvered coil guards in selected heat pumps
- Engineered for quiet operation
- Dehumidification in select systems. Provides more comfort in cooling mode.
- Compact heat pump designs for fit in tight places in selected heat pumps
- 10-year parts limited warranty on select systems and with timely product registration after installation is completed
- Carrier Warranties as Compared to Other Brands 90%
- Carrier Quality as Compared to Other Brands 95%
- Consumer Opinion based on Field Experience 90%
- Carrier Efficiency Compared to Other Brands 93%
- Overall Carrier Opinion from a Technical Perspective 85%
SEER Rating Up To
HSPF Rating Up To
Carrier Heat Pump Reviews - Consumer Ratings | Product Line Up and Pros and Cons
Carrier offers a full line of heat pumps to match many budgets and a range efficiency levels. The Carrier Comfort Series line offers a range of efficiency levels and are the priced for the budget minded. The Performance Series are Carriers mid-range units and the Infinity Series is the top of the live Series and offers many bells and whistles and efficiency ranges. One of the cons against Carrier is that many of their parts are proprietary and can be expensive and this is true for a few other manufacturers. Carrier does make a quality well-designed product that offers reliability and performance, especially with efficiency. They stand behind their products with good warranties and extended warranties are available at the time of purchase.
See what others are saying about Carrier heat pumps in our comments below. Additionally, if you own a Carrier system let others know what you think about it in the comments below.
Carrier is owned by United Technologies which is the same parent corporation of Bryant, Heil, and Tempstar.
For more information on Carrier and their latest models and efficiency ratings please visit the Carrier website.
Carrier Heat Pump Reviews - Consumer Ratings
See our other helpful HVAC calculators placed throughout the site: