Broan Heat Pump Reviews - Consumer Ratings | Select Features
Various features of selected Broan Heat Pumps includes:
- Broan Heat Pump Systems offer whole house comfort
- Inverter Rotary Compressor technology in Broan Heat Pumps allows the compressor to modulate between 40 percent of capacity to 118 percent of capacity
- Broan Heat Pumps offer quiet operation down to 59 decibels
- Louvered metal jacket protects the coils on your Broan Heat Pump
- Indoor Dehumidification Control for more comfort in the summer on select systems
- Select models surpass EnrgyStar ratings
- High-Quality Operation Assured through 144 Factory Quality Checks
- Broan Heat Pumps comes with the Broan quality pledge and a solid Broan warranty
Broan Top Tier SEER Rating
Broan Top Tier SEER Rating
Air Source Heat Pump Tips | Dual Fuel Heating
A dual fuel heat pump is a heat pump with a gas furnace for back-up heating rather than electric heat strips.
Air source heat pumps have a backup heating source. In most installations, the backup heating source is electric heat strips. Electric heat strips are very cheap to install in most cases. However, while electric is generally regarded as a 100% efficient, producing it is more costly than other heating methods. For a more efficient heat pump, consider a dual fuel heat pump, or a heat pump with a gas furnace for the backup heat source. It will be more costly to install, but your monthly bills will be reduced.
Broan Heat Pump Reviews - Consumer Ratings | Broan Warranty
The Broan warranty includes a 10-year limited unit replacement warranty if the compressor ever fails plus the standard ten-year warranty for parts which exceeds most HVAC manufacturers warranties. Always make sure you read and understand the warranty of any major purchase you make especially when the warranty is the basis for your purchase decision. Broan HVAC systems are manufactured by Nordyne which is the same company that makes Maytag and other popular brands for HVAC and other homes products.
I have not worked on many Broan HVAC Units nor have seen them installed in the areas where I have worked. It’s difficult for me to give you a technical review from that standpoint. However, everything on their site looks good technically speaking and these systems seem to be very efficient for the top tier heat pumps. If I had the choice between other brands, I would go with the best contractor versus brand.
Broan also makes range hoods and bathroom fans and has been a leader in home ventilation since before WWII.
For more about Broan and their latest models and efficiency ratings please see the Broan website.
Broan Heat Pump Reviews - Consumer Ratings