Ducane Heat Pump Reviews - Consumer Ratings - Ducane is known as a builders grade brand for HVAC equipment so you will not got all the bells and whistles you would with one of the bigger name brands such as Lennox or Trane. Ducane, by the way, is owned by Lennox but Ducane has its niche producing heat pumps and other HVAC products that does not have the bells and whistles. Ducane heat pumps come in efficiency ranges from 13 SEER 7.5 HSPF to 18 SEER 9.2 HSPF. Ducane heat pump features the following in selected models:
Ducane Heat Pump Reviews - Consumer Ratings | Select Features
- All Ducane heat pumps are factory run tested
- Solid-state defrost controls
- High-efficiency 2 stage Copeland UltraTechTM scroll
compressor. This adds efficiency and better humidity control for summer comfort factors.
- Low pressure switch to protect the compressor in the event of loss of charge or other problem that causes low pressures
- Selected Ducane heat pumps come with coil guards
- Variable speed condenser fan motor to match compressor speed.
- Diagnostics control board for easier heat pump troubleshooting
- Short cycle protection
- 10-year limited warranty on all parts and extended warranty is available*
- Ducane Warranties as Compared to Other Brands 85%
- Ducane Quality as Compared to Other Brands 85%
- Consumer Opinion based on Field Experience 92%
- Ducane Efficiency Compared to Other Brands 80%
- Overall Ducane Opinion from a Technical Perspective 90%
Ducane Top SEER
Ducane Top HSPF
Ducane Heat Pump Reviews - Consumer Ratings | Technical Details
Anyone who has owned a heat pump knows sometimes the heat pumps a lot of noise especially when shifting from the heating mode to the defrost mode. Technically when the heat pump goes into defrost mode it goes from heating to cooling for the condenser while the air handler energizes the back-up heat. Speaking of back up heat, most heat pumps utilize electric heat strips for the back up heat. It may cost a little more but with a gas furnace as back up heat you can save some money. It’s called dual fuel and a good economical heat pump uses a gas rather than electric for the back up heat.
Ducane was found in 1947 in Union City, New Jersey and was eventually purchased by Lennox. Ducane produces HVAC products for residential and light commercial applications including gas furnaces, oil furnaces, unit heaters, heat pumps, and air conditioners.
Ducane Heat Pump Reviews - Consumer Ratings
Air Conditioner Breaker Trips | Air Conditioner Condensation Water Dripping – Condensate Leaks | Air Conditioning Blower Motor Repair | Air Conditioner Troubleshooting | HVAC Refrigerant Leaks | Fixing a Refrigerant Leak Air Conditioner Compressor Troubleshooting | Variable Speed ECM Condenser Fan Motors | Burnham Boiler Reviews | Lennox Heat Pump Reviews | Troubleshooting Broken Thermostats | Building Automation Systems | Daikin Air Conditioner Reviews | HVAC Triple Evacuation | Variable Speed ECM Condenser Fan Motors | Ohms Law and HVAC | R-134A PT Chart |
Share your HVAC Photos or ask a question about your HVAC System by uploading a photo of it.