Ruud Heat Pump Reviews - Consumer Ratings | Select Features
Ruud has various efficiency ratings on their models from the economic model to the top of the line model Ultra series. Ruud publishes that they offer heat pumps up to 20 SEER and a 13 HSPF rating which is how heat pumps are rated for efficiency purposes. Ruud is a member of AHRI so whatever efficiency ratings they list are certified by AHRI. Rheem heat pumps for selected Ruud heat pump models come with features such as:
- Two-Stage compressors in selected Ruud heat pump high-efficiency models for better energy efficiency
- Diagnostics control board for easier heat pump troubleshooting
- The Copeland Scroll™ Variable Speed Compressor in select units
- Ruud Warranties as Compared to Other Brands 85% 85%
- Ruud Quality as Compared to Other Brands 89% 89%
- Consumer Opinion based on Field Experience 78% 78%
- Ruud Efficiency Compared to Other Brands 90% 90%
- Overall Ruud Opinion from a Technical Perspective 87% 87%
Ruud heat Pump Top SEER Rating
Ruud Heat Pump Top HSPF rating
Air Source Heat Pump Tips | Dual Fuel Heating
A dual fuel heat pump is a heat pump with a gas furnace for back-up heating rather than electric heat strips.
Air source heat pumps have a backup heating source. In most installations, the backup heating source is electric heat strips. Electric heat strips are very cheap to install in most cases. However, while electric is generally regarded as a 100% efficient, producing it is more costly than other heating methods. For a more efficient heat pump, consider a dual fuel heat pump, or a heat pump with a gas furnace for the backup heat source. It will be more costly to install, but your monthly bills will be reduced.
Additional Features | Ruud Heat Pump Reviews
- Humidity control when heat pump matched with the proper air handler
- Select units equipped with electronic expansion valve for better efficiency
- Refrigeration pressure controls to prevent the heat pump unit from running when there are serious problems with heat pump pressures
- Conditional Unit Replacement - 10-Year and a 10-year limited parts warranty for select systems
About | Ruud Heat Pump Reviews
For a history of Ruud see Rheem gas furnaces in the menu links. Currently, both Rheem and Ruud are owned by Japanese water heater manufacturer Paloma.
For more on the Ruud heat pumps and for the latest models and efficiency ratings please see the Ruud website.
If you are considering the purchase of a new Ruud HVAC product please email us with the specific model number and any information you may on the Ruud HVAC equipment you are interested in and we will do a technical review for you. Please review the current HVAC equipment you now own.
Ruud Heat Pump Reviews - Consumer Ratings
See our other helpful HVAC calculators placed throughout the site: