Armstrong Heat Pump Reviews - Consumer Ratings - Armstrong heat pumps come in various capacities with efficiency ranges from 13 SEER 7.7 HSPF to 20 SEER 10 HSPF and selected heat pump units that use R410A refrigerant. Armstrong is owned by Lennox so some of the technology going into Lennox heat pumps also find their way into Armstrong heat pumps.
Armstrong Heat Pump Reviews - Consumer Ratings | Select Features
Some features of various Armstrong heat pumps are:
- Selected units use R-410A
- Two-Stage heating and cooling in selected Armstrong heat pump models because of the two-stage scroll compressor
- Insulation blanket on compressor for quiet operation
- A heat pump reversing valve that is designed to be quiet when it shifts from heating to cooling cycle. Heat pumps will also do this when they change into the defrost mode in the winter to defrost the coils. Armstrong makes this shift much quieter than other manufacturers to reduce noise
- Selected models exceed Energy Star guidelines
- Selected models use scroll compressors
- True Variable-Capacity cooling uses an inverter driven scroll compressor for top tier Armstrong heat pump system
- Armstrong Warranties as Compared to Other Brands 85%
- Armstrong Quality as Compared to Other Brands 90%
- Consumer Opinion based on Field Experience 85%
- Armstrong Efficiency Compared to Other Brands 90%
- Overall Armstrong Opinion from a Technical Perspective 92%
Armstrong Top Tier Heat Pump SEER Rating
Armstrong Top Tier HSPF Rating
Armstrong Heat Pump Reviews - Consumer Ratings | Questions
- The comfort sync thermostat gives the system the ability to communicate from one part of the system to the other. If a problem developed with this communicating thermostat can it be changed with a traditional thermostat? Is the wiring there for a conventional thermostat?
- Does Armstrong offer an extended parts and labor warranty? This is especially necessary for the top of the line model that has all the bells and whistles.
If you have an Armstrong heat pump please let everyone know how it’s doing for you. Additionally, see what people who have an Armstrong heat pump are saying about their system below in the comments.
Finally, efficiency ratings are subject to change at anytime by the manufacturer. We do try to keep up with these changes but sometimes we don’t get the press release. Always check the manufacturers website for the latest efficiency ratings.
Other Armstrong Reviews
Armstrong Air Conditioner Reviews – Consumer Ratings
Armstrong Condensing Units Reviews – Consumer Ratings
Armstrong Gas Furnace Reviews - Consumer Ratings
Armstrong Package Unit Reviews - Consumer Ratings
Armstrong was founded in 1928 in Columbus, Ohio by Lennox, the maker of other air conditioning and heating products. Lennox sold Armstrong and then later reacquired Armstrong so Armstrong is officially owned by Lennox. Armstrong’s manufacturers air conditioning and heating equipment in Orangeburg, South Carolina where the have a state of art facility designed to produce quality air conditioning and heating products. Armstrong believes in quality and they run test every piece of equipment before it leaves its factory.
Armstrong Heat Pump Reviews - Consumer Ratings
Air Conditioner Breaker Trips | Air Conditioner Condensation Water Dripping – Condensate Leaks | Air Conditioning Blower Motor Repair | Air Conditioner Troubleshooting | HVAC Refrigerant Leaks | Fixing a Refrigerant Leak Air Conditioner Compressor Troubleshooting | Variable Speed ECM Condenser Fan Motors | Burnham Boiler Reviews | Lennox Heat Pump Reviews | Troubleshooting Broken Thermostats | Building Automation Systems | Daikin Air Conditioner Reviews | HVAC Triple Evacuation | Variable Speed ECM Condenser Fan Motors | Ohms Law and HVAC | R-134A PT Chart |
Share your HVAC Photos or ask a question about your HVAC System by uploading a photo of it.
See our other helpful HVAC calculators placed throughout the site: