American Standard Heat Pump Reviews - Consumer Ratings | Features
Select features of American Standard heat pumps are:
- Two-Stage heating and cooling in selected American Standard Heat Pump units
- Variable speed ECM condenser fan motors and variable speed ECM blower motors in selected American Standard Heat Pump models
- Spine fin condenser coils in American Standard Heat Pumps
- Communications options in the American Standard top of the line Heat Pump
- American Standard Warranties as Compared to Other Brands 92% 92%
- American Standard Quality as Compared to Other Brands 95% 95%
- Consumer Opinion based on Field Experience 84% 84%
- American Standard Efficiency Compared to Other Brands 93% 93%
- Overall American Standard Opinion from a Technical Perspective 85% 85%
American Standard Heat Pump Top SEER Rating
American Standard Heat Pump Top HSPF Rating
Air Source Heat Pump Tips | Dual Fuel Heating
Air source heat pumps have a backup heating source. In most installations, the backup heating source is electric heat strips. Electric heat strips are very cheap to install in most cases. However, while electric is generally regarded as a 100% efficient, producing it is more costly than other heating methods. For a more efficient heat pump, consider a dual fuel heat pump, or a heat pump with a gas furnace for the backup heat source. It will be more costly to install, but your monthly bills will be reduced.
American Standard became Tappan Air Conditioning division in 1972. American-Standard purchased the Trane Company in 1984. American-Standards name revived in 1988. American Standard is based out of Tyler, Texas. They produce air conditioning and heating equipment along with other products for the home. Finally, in 2008 American Standard was acquired by Ingersoll-Rand along with American Standards sister company Trane.
More American Standard Reviews
American Standard Air Conditioner Reviews – Consumer Ratings
American Standard Condensing Units Reviews - Consumer Ratings
American Standard Gas Furnace Reviews - Consumer Ratings
American Standard Package Unit Reviews - Consumer Ratings
For more information on American Standard and their latest models and efficiency ratings please see the American Standard website.
American Standard Heat Pump Reviews - Consumer Ratings
See our other helpful HVAC calculators placed throughout the site: