Century Heat Pump Reviews - Consumer Ratings | Select Features
The top of the line Century heat pump requires you to match the outdoor condenser with a new indoor air handler to gain the efficiency rated on the product. The terms and conditions in the warranty also require you to match the outdoor unit with the indoor unit. Of course, we can agree with matching the indoor unit with the outdoor unit because the two systems work better together when engineered together.
- Century Heat Pumps have copper coils for durability
- Century heat pumps utilize demand defrost which improves efficiency
- Mufflers on compressor discharge minimizes noise on Century Heat Pumps
- Louvered metal jacket protects coils from damage on Century Heat Pumps
- Two-speed scroll compressor for select models
- Century heat pump offers 12-year warranty (limitations apply) on compressor and other parts
Century Heat Pump Reviews - Consumer Ratings | Additional Information
Century Top SEER Rating
Air Source Heat Pump Tips | Dual Fuel Heating
A dual fuel heat pump is a heat pump with a gas furnace for back-up heating rather than electric heat strips.
Air source heat pumps have a backup heating source. In most installations, the backup heating source is electric heat strips. Electric heat strips are very cheap to install in most cases. However, while electric is generally regarded as a 100% efficient, producing it is more costly than other heating methods. For a more efficient heat pump, consider a dual fuel heat pump, or a heat pump with a gas furnace for the backup heat source. It will be more costly to install, but your monthly bills will be reduced.
For more information about Century and the HVAC products they offer including their latest efficiency ratings please see the Century website.
Century Heat Pump Reviews