Maytag Heat Pump Reviews - Consumer Ratings | IQ Drive
With the Maytag iQ Drive® capacity-modulation, the heat pump system will modulate from 40% rated capacity to 118% of rated capacity based on demand. This type of system is rated at being a very high efficient system but it is important that you get a good contractor to install the system properly as it is a complex HVAC system and needs the installation skills of a competent HVAC contractor.
Some features of selected Heat Pumps are:
- Stainless steel cabinet in selected Maytag Heat Pump unit looks good and is durable
- Diagnostic module for easier heat pump troubleshooting
- Aerodynamic design for quieter operation and maximum airflow in the Heat Pump
- Heat Pump uses R-410A refrigerant
- Capacity-modulation means the heat pump only uses what is necessary to satisfy demand
- stainless steel outer cabinet protects the coils from damage and is corrosion resistant
- Maytag Warranties as Compared to Other Brands 96% 96%
- Maytag Quality as Compared to Other Brands 89% 89%
- Consumer Opinion based on Field Experience 86% 86%
- Maytag Efficiency Compared to Other Brands 99% 99%
- Overall Maytag Opinion from a Technical Perspective 91% 91%
Maytag Top SEER Rating
Maytag Top HSPF Rating
Air Source Heat Pump Tips | Dual Fuel Heating
A dual fuel heat pump is a heat pump with a gas furnace for back-up heating rather than electric heat strips.
Air source heat pumps have a backup heating source. In most installations, the backup heating source is electric heat strips. Electric heat strips are very cheap to install in most cases. However, while electric is generally regarded as a 100% efficient, producing it is more costly than other heating methods. For a more efficient heat pump, consider a dual fuel heat pump, or a heat pump with a gas furnace for the backup heat source. It will be more costly to install, but your monthly bills will be reduced.
For help making your purchase of new HVAC equipment see our HVAC Buyers Guide. It’s free.
Maytag Heat Pump Reviews - Consumer Ratings - History
Maytag began in 1893 as a farm implement manufacturer and later moved into making washing machines which they are famous for when in 1907 Fred Maytag decided to make washing machines. In 1970’s the Maytag man came on television commercials and in 1974 introduced their very first automatic washing machine. They now make many different appliances including air conditioning and heating systems.
For more information on Maytag HVAC products and efficiency ratings see the Maytag website.
Maytag Heat Pump Reviews - Consumer Ratings