Table of Contents
Bryant Heat Pump Reviews - Consumer Ratings - Bryant offers heat pumps in three different series - The Bryant Evolution Series, The Bryant Preferred Series, and the Bryant Legacy lines. Bryant heat pumps come in efficiency ranges from 13 SEER 7.9 HSPF to 20.5 SEER 13.0 HSPF.
Bryant also uses R-410A refrigerant and two-stage Scroll compressors in selected heat pump models for better efficiency. In selected heat pumps Bryant has control boards that offer diagnostics features for easier heat pump troubleshooting. Some features of selected Bryant heat pumps are:
Bryant Heat Pump Reviews - Consumer Ratings | Select Features
- Use of R-410A refrigerant in selected Bryant Heat Pump models
- Galvanized steel cabinets in Bryant Heat Pumps
- 23 point diagnostics boards for easier heat pump troubleshooting in selected Bryant Heat Pumps
- Selected Bryant Heat Pump units comply with EnergyStar guidelines
- Variable-speed ECM condenser and blower fan motors in select units
- Selected Bryant Heat Pump units use AeroQuiet™ System for quieter operation
- Capacities from 1.5 tons to 5 tons in selected Bryant heat pump units
- Dehumidification capability for better summer comfort
- 10-year parts limited warranty upon registration on select systems
- Bryant Warranties as Compared to Other Brands 93% 93%
- Bryant Quality as Compared to Other Brands 93% 93%
- Consumer Opinion based on Field Experience 99% 99%
- Bryant Efficiency Compared to Other Brands 97% 97%
- Overall Bryant Opinion from a Technical Perspective 94% 94%
Bryant Top Tier SEER Rating
Bryant Top Tier HSPF Rating
Air Source Heat Pump Tips | Dual Fuel Heating
A dual fuel heat pump is a heat pump with a gas furnace for backup heating rather than electric heat strips.
Air source heat pumps have a backup heating source. In most installations, the backup heating source is electric heat strips. Electric heat strips are very cheap to install in most cases. However, while electricity is generally regarded as 100% efficient, producing it is more costly than other heating methods. For a more efficient heat pump, consider a dual fuel heat pump, or a heat pump with a gas furnace for the backup heat source. It will be more costly to install, but your monthly bills will be reduced.
Bryant Heat Pump Reviews - Consumer Ratings | Top of the Line
The Bryant top-of-the-line model heat pump, Evolution Extreme, is a variable capacity system that runs only at the speed necessary to satisfy demand. Of course, it requires a matching air handler with the condenser and the Evolution Extreme controls along with a competent installation by a Bryant dealer to achieve the efficiency ratings on the equipment. For added efficiency and energy cost savings you can choose the dual fuel heat pump where you have a Bryant gas furnace inside for the backup heat pump heat and the heat pump condenser used when conditions are optimal for using heat pump heat.
See what others have to say about Bryant heat pump systems in the comments below. Additionally, if you have a Bryant heat pump system leave a review below to help others make better, more informed buying decisions.
Bryant was founded in 1904 by Charles Bryant offering gas-fired boilers. Bryant is now owned by United Technologies which is also the parent company of Carrier.
For more information on Bryant and its latest models and efficiency ratings please see the Bryant website.
Bryant Heat Pump Reviews - Consumer Ratings