Heil Heat Pump Reviews - Consumer Ratings - Heil offers heat pumps with efficiency ranges from 13 SEER 7.2 HSPF to 19 SEER 10 HSPF. Heil heat pumps come with better than average warranties giving the consumer more confidence in Heil quality and durability.
Top-of-the-line Heil heat pumps include a communicating system where the heat pump condenser and the air handler communicate via the thermostat. For this feature to work you will need to match the air handler with the heat pump condenser and use the Heil communicating thermostat.
Heil Heat Pump Reviews - Consumer Ratings | Select Features
Features in selected Heil heat pumps include:
- Diagnostic boards for easier Heil heat pump troubleshooting
- Aerodynamic design to reduce noise levels
- Copper tubing for the coils with aluminum fins for better heat exchange rate
- In selected units, Heil heat pumps utilize two-speed motors - this is not a true saving for the consumer as PSC motors are not as efficient as ECM variable-speed motors when they run at lower speeds
- 10-year warranty on the compressor - this is an above-average feature from other HVAC manufacturers
- Galvanized steel cabinet in Heil heat pumps
- Selected Heil heat pumps utilize R-410A refrigerant
- 10-Year No Hassle Replacement™ Limited Warranty
- 10-Year Parts Limited Warranty
- Heil Warranties as Compared to Other Brands 90% 90%
- Heil Quality as Compared to Other Brands 90% 90%
- Consumer Opinion based on Field Experience 98% 98%
- Heil Efficiency Compared to Other Brands 89% 89%
- Overall Heil Opinion from a Technical Perspective 90% 90%
Heil Top Tier HSPF Rating
Heil Top Tier SEER Rating
Air Source Heat Pump Tips | Dual Fuel Heating
A dual fuel heat pump is a heat pump with a gas furnace for backup heating rather than electric heat strips.
Air source heat pumps have a backup heating source. In most installations, the backup heating source is electric heat strips. Electric heat strips are very cheap to install in most cases. However, while electricity is generally regarded as 100% efficient, producing it is more costly than other heating methods. For a more efficient heat pump, consider a dual fuel heat pump, or a heat pump with a gas furnace for the backup heat source. It will be more costly to install, but your monthly bills will be reduced.
Always read the fine print and make sure you register within the deadline period. Most manufacturers give you 90-days from the time of a completed installation to register the warranty. Additionally, read the fine print on all warranties especially for major purchases.
Many people do not know that it is an HVAC industry standard to offer the part but not labor. Always check for extended parts and labor warranties. If available we recommend you purchase this warranty especially if you are buying top-tier equipment. For more information and purchasing tips see our HVAC Buyers Guide for more details.
Heil Heat Pump Reviews - Consumer Ratings | Additional Information
In addition to the Heil top-of-the-line models, Heil also offers more economical models that do not have such a high-efficiency rating. Other models are available in a horizontal design and a ductless mini-split heat pump system. No matter the type of system you purchase High Performance HVAC always recommends the consumer realize the installation of the equipment is more important than the name brand on the equipment. Professional installation is key to achieving the rated efficiency on the equipment.
Heil has changed hands many time times since its inception but is now owned by United Technologies which is the same parent company that owns Carrier and Bryant.
For the latest Heil models, features, and efficiency ratings please see the Heil website.
Heil Heat Pump Reviews - Consumer Ratings