Heil Heat Pump Reviews - Consumer Ratings | Select Features
Features in selected Heil heat pumps include:
- Diagnostic boards for easier Heil heat pump troubleshooting
- Aerodynamic design to reduce noise levels
- Copper tubing for the coils with aluminum fins for better heat exchange rate
- In selected units, Heil heat pumps utilize two-speed motors - this is not a true savings for the consumer as PSC motors are not as efficient as ECM variable speed motors when they run at lower speeds
- 10-year warranty on compressor - this is an above average feature from other HVAC manufacturers
- Galvanized steel cabinet in Heil heat pumps
- Selected Heil heat pumps utilize R-410A refrigerant
- 10-Year No Hassle Replacement™ Limited Warranty
- 10-Year Parts Limited Warranty
- Heil Warranties as Compared to Other Brands 90% 90%
- Heil Quality as Compared to Other Brands 90% 90%
- Consumer Opinion based on Field Experience 98% 98%
- Heil Efficiency Compared to Other Brands 89% 89%
- Overall Heil Opinion from a Technical Perspective 90% 90%
Heil Top Tier SEER Rating
Heil Top Tier HSPF Rating
Air Source Heat Pump Tips | Dual Fuel Heating
Air source heat pumps have a backup heating source. In most installations, the backup heating source is electric heat strips. Electric heat strips are very cheap to install in most cases. However, while electric is generally regarded as a 100% efficient, producing it is more costly than other heating methods. For a more efficient heat pump, consider a dual fuel heat pump, or a heat pump with a gas furnace for the backup heat source. It will be more costly to install, but your monthly bills will be reduced.
Heil Heat Pump Reviews - Consumer Ratings | Additional Information
In addition to the Heil top of the line models, Heil also offers more economical models that do not have such a high-efficiency rating. Other models are available in a horizontal design and a ductless mini split heat pump system. No matter the type of system you purchase High Performance HVAC always recommends the consumer realize the installation of the equipment is more important than the name brand on the equipment. Professional installation is key to achieving the rated efficiency on the equipment.
Heil has changed hands many time times since its inception but is now owned by United Technologies which is the same parent company that owns Carrier and Bryant.
For the latest Heil models, features, and efficiency ratings please see the Heil website.
Heil Heat Pump Reviews - Consumer Ratings
See our other helpful HVAC calculators placed throughout the site: