Lennox Heat Pump Reviews - Consumer Ratings. Lennox produces heat pumps with efficiency ranges from 13 SEER 7.7 HSPF to 23.5 SEER 10.2 HSPF. They are known as a premium HVAC equipment manufacturer. Lennox produces air conditioners, heat pumps, gas furnaces, boilers, generators, and other HVAC comfort products. Lennox recently introduced a solar-assisted heat pump.
This heat pump uses photovoltaic solar technology to reduce energy use for heat pump use. Lennox clearly is a leader in HVAC equipment innovation and technology.
Lennox Heat Pump Top Tier HSPF Rating
Lennox Top Tier SEER Rating
Lennox Heat Pump Reviews - Consumer Ratings | Select Features
Features of selected models are:
- Two-Stage Scroll compressor offers two running speeds to consume lower amounts of energy with lower demand in selected models
- Uses R-410A
- Single-stage economy models available
- Dual-fuel capability for use with gas furnaces for backup heating
- Precise humidity control with the Lennox Humiditrol® on select models
- Diagnostic control board for easier heat pump troubleshooting
- High-pressure safety switch to prevent operation of the heat pump when pressures exceed safe-level maximums
- 10-Year Limited Warranty on covered components on select models
- Some models come with 10-Year Limited Extended Warranty coverage with product registration
Air Source Heat Pump Tips | Dual Fuel Heating
A dual fuel heat pump is a heat pump with a gas furnace for backup heating rather than electric heat strips.
Air source heat pumps have a backup heating source. In most installations, the backup heating source is electric heat strips. Electric heat strips are very cheap to install in most cases. However, while electricity is generally regarded as 100% efficient, producing it is more costly than other heating methods. For a more efficient heat pump, consider a dual fuel heat pump, or a heat pump with a gas furnace for the backup heat source. It will be more costly to install, but your monthly bills will be reduced.
Lennox Heat Pump Reviews - Consumer Ratings | Additional Features
Lennox recommends a dual fuel heat pump system to maximize the efficiency of the heat pump system. Dual-fuel heat pumps use a heat pump condenser for heating. An air-source heat pump needs backup heating. Dual-fuel uses a gas furnace to provide the backup heat for the heat pump.
The variable capacity Lennox heat pump premium model means you get a modulating heat pump. A heat pump that will run only at a speed necessary to maintain demand. This adds energy efficiency to the system and requires less starting and stopping of the heat pump. This means less wear and tear on the HVAC system along with higher efficiency.
Lennox started in 1895 with a riveted steel furnace and eventually began producing other home comfort products. They boast more than 60 home comfort products in the product line-up. They also produce light commercial products for businesses.
For more on Lennox and their latest models and efficiency, ratings see the Lennox website.
Lennox Heat Pump Reviews - Consumer Ratings