Heil DX 1300 Heat Pump Reviews - Consumer Ratings - Heil is lean on listing features for their products. This can be a good as Heil does not embellish their products with overblown and hyped descriptions. The Heil DX 1300 heat pump is rated at 13 SEER and is Heil’s economy version Heat Pump. The compressor in the Heil DX 1300 heat pump is a scroll compressor that has a sound blanket for quieter operation. The unit looks attractive and is simple in design as well as features. You may now recognize this model as the Performance 13 Heat Pump.
Heil’s listed features for the DX 1300 heat pump are:
Heil DX 1300 Heat Pump Reviews - Consumer Ratings | Select Features
- Scroll compressor with sound blanket as described above. Two-stage Scroll compressor in selected Heil heat pumps.
- A galvanized steel cabinet designed to allow proper airflow and easy coil cleaning.
- Copper coils with aluminum fins for maximum heat exchange which equates to efficiency and energy savings.
- Airflow discharge is designed for maximum airflow and quiet operation.
- Equipped with a two-speed fan that normally operates on low speed to make it quieter than a fan that runs at 100% all the time.
- A control board with diagnostics and makes wiring simple and easy for the installer. Diagnostics make for easier technician troubleshooting any heat pump problems.
- Heil Warranties as Compared to Other Brands 90%
- Heil Quality as Compared to Other Brands 90%
- Consumer Opinion based on Field Experience 98%
- Heil Efficiency Compared to Other Brands 89%
- Overall Heil Opinion from a Technical Perspective 90%
Performance 13 Heat Pump SEER Rating
Performance 13 Heat Pump HSPF Rating
Heil DX 1300 Heat Pump Reviews - Consumer Ratings | Additional Details
Many of the listed features for the Heil Performance 13 heat pump are typical in the industry. Heil seems to go to great pains to make the unit quiet and I have heard many complaints from consumers about a noisy air conditioner and heat pump condensers. Heil has an industry standard 10 limited compressor warranty and a 5-year limited parts warranty. Always check to see if extended warranties are available from the manufacturer especially when purchasing more expensive models that have bells and whistles.
Heil does offer a Performance 13 model for coastal installations. This model is designed for coastal installations where the air salty and metals are more prone to corrosion. These models are slightly higher in efficiency than the non-coastal model. This coastal model, with the higher efficiency rating, is a good buy even if you do not live near the coast.
While there are more expensive models available from Heil we like the Heil DX1300. On a scale of 1 to 10 we give it a 7.
For more on Heil and their latest models and efficiency ratings please see the Heil website.
Heil DX 1300 Heat Pump Reviews - Consumer Ratings
Air Conditioner Breaker Trips | Air Conditioner Condensation Water Dripping – Condensate Leaks | Air Conditioning Blower Motor Repair | Air Conditioner Troubleshooting | HVAC Refrigerant Leaks | Fixing a Refrigerant Leak Air Conditioner Compressor Troubleshooting | Variable Speed ECM Condenser Fan Motors | Burnham Boiler Reviews | Lennox Heat Pump Reviews | Troubleshooting Broken Thermostats | Building Automation Systems | Daikin Air Conditioner Reviews | HVAC Triple Evacuation | Variable Speed ECM Condenser Fan Motors | Ohms Law and HVAC | R-134A PT Chart |
Share your HVAC Photos or ask a question about your HVAC System by uploading a photo of it.