Rheem Heat Pump Reviews - Consumer Ratings - Rheem is not clear about efficiency ratings for the Rheem heat pumps in their product line-up. They publish that they offer heat pumps up to 20 SEER and 13 HSPF rating which is how heat pumps are rated for efficiency purposes. They are a member of AHRI so whatever efficiency ratings they list are certified by AHRI. Rheem heat pumps for selected heat pump models come with rich features.
Rheem Heat Pump Reviews Select Features:
- Two-Stage scroll compressors in selected Rheem heat pump high-efficiency models for better energy efficiency.
- Copeland Scroll™ Variable Speed Compressor in select units
- Diagnostics control board for easier heat pump troubleshooting.
- Humidity control when matched with the proper air handler.
- variable speed blower motors in select Rheem air handler models.
- Engineered for quiet operation
- Select units equipped with electronic expansion valve for better efficiency
- pressure controls to prevent the heat pump unit from running when there are serious problems with heat pump pressures.
- Conditional Unit Replacement - 10-Years with 10-year limited parts on select units
- Rheem Warranties as Compared to Other Brands 85%
- Rheem Quality as Compared to Other Brands 92%
- Consumer Opinion based on Field Experience 80%
- Efficiency Compared to Other Brands 90%
- Overall Rheem Opinion from a Technical Perspective 88%
Rheem Top SEER Rating
Rheem Top HSPF Rating
Rheem Heat Pump Reviews Conclusion
As heat pumps go Rheem manufacturers a decent heat pump that has a low profile and is quiet. While all heat pumps make noise when running Rheem does a good job of making a quiet heat pump condenser and that helps especially for those condensers installed close to a bedroom window, patio or deck where you entertain or simply want to enjoy quiet time reading a book or whatever. The Rheem heat pump cabinets are durable and well built for longevity and they are competitively priced. On a scale of 0 to 10 we give Rheem heat pumps a 7 which is above average. Leave your opinion below in the comments. What say you?
For more information on Rheem and to see their latest models and efficiency ratings please see the Rheem website.
Rheem Manufacturing Company was established in 1920’s by Richard and Donald Rheem when the two brothers bought a galvanizing plant in San Francisco, CA. In the 40’s and 50’s they expanded it’s core product line of water heaters to include air conditioning and heating equipment. They have expanded and is now a global company with offices in Europe, Australia, Canada, Asia, and South America.
Rheem Heat Pump Reviews - Consumer Ratings
Air Conditioner Breaker Trips | Air Conditioner Condensation Water Dripping – Condensate Leaks | Air Conditioning Blower Motor Repair | Air Conditioner Troubleshooting | HVAC Refrigerant Leaks | Fixing a Refrigerant Leak Air Conditioner Compressor Troubleshooting | Variable Speed ECM Condenser Fan Motors | Burnham Boiler Reviews | Lennox Heat Pump Reviews | Troubleshooting Broken Thermostats | Building Automation Systems | Daikin Air Conditioner Reviews | HVAC Triple Evacuation | Variable Speed ECM Condenser Fan Motors | Ohms Law and HVAC | R-134A PT Chart |
Share your HVAC Photos or ask a question about your HVAC System by uploading a photo of it.