Rheem Heat Pump Reviews Select Features:
- Two-Stage scroll compressors in selected Rheem heat pump high-efficiency models for better energy efficiency.
- Copeland Scroll™ Variable Speed Compressor in select units
- Diagnostics control board for easier heat pump troubleshooting.
- Humidity control when matched with the proper air handler.
- variable speed blower motors in select Rheem air handler models.
- Engineered for quiet operation
- Select units equipped with electronic expansion valve for better efficiency
- pressure controls to prevent the heat pump unit from running when there are serious problems with heat pump pressures.
- Conditional Unit Replacement - 10-Years with 10-year limited parts on select units
- Rheem Warranties as Compared to Other Brands 85% 85%
- Rheem Quality as Compared to Other Brands 92% 92%
- Consumer Opinion based on Field Experience 80% 80%
- Efficiency Compared to Other Brands 90% 90%
- Overall Rheem Opinion from a Technical Perspective 88% 88%
Rheem Top SEER Rating
Rheem Top HSPF Rating
Rheem Heat Pump Model Comparisons
|Rheem Heat Pump Model Comparison|
|Prestige Series (Premium Model)||Classic Plus Series (Mid-Range Model)||Classic Series (Economy Model)|
|Efficiency offers up to 20 SEER and|
|Up to 18.5 SEER/13 EER/9.5 HSPF||up to 14.5 SEER/12.0 EER|
|Ten Year Parts Limited Warranty||10-Year Parts Limited Warranty||10-Year Parts Limited Warranty|
|High-efficiency ECM condenser fan motor. This is provided by a Copeland Electronic Control.||ECM condenser fan motor. This is provided by a Copeland Electronic Control.||Single-speed condenser fan motor|
|The Copeland Scroll Variable Speed Compressor with modulating technology||Copeland Scroll variable speed compressor||Energy-efficient Scroll compressor|
|Premium models include modern cabinet aesthetics, curved louver panels, powder coat paint system, with composite base pan designed for durability and reduced sound||Modern cabinet aesthetics, curved louver panels, powder coat paint system, with composite base pan designed for durability and reduced sound||Modern cabinet aesthetics, curved louver panels, powder coat paint system, with composite base pan designed for durability and reduced sound|
|EcoNet Smart Thermostat displays detail|
diagnostic from outdoor and indoor connected units.
|Optional EcoNet Smart Thermostat displays detail|
diagnostic from outdoor and indoor connected units.
wires to outdoor unit required
|Advanced diagnostics not indicated|
|Meets ENERGY STAR Heat Pump qualifications||Select models meet ENERGY STAR Heat Pump qualifications||N/A|
|Premium models include High Pressure Switch on all models||High Pressure Switch||High Pressure Switch|
|Premium models include Low Pressure Switch on all models||Low Pressure Switch||Low Pressure Switch|
|Electronic Expansion Valve||Select systems include Electronic Expansion Valve||Thermostatic Expansion Valve|
|Optimized defrost characteristics||Select systems include optimized defrost characteristics||Conventional Timed Defrost|
Rheem has many other model heat pumps available. The above table represents a premium model, a mid-range models, and an economy model.
Pricing, Efficiency, and Return On Investment
|Pricing Versus Efficiency Return On Investment|
|Efficiency||Pricing Range for Initial Purchase and Subsequent Repairs outside of Warranty||ROI (Return On Investment)|
|19 SEER/9.5 HSPF Plus||$$$$$||5 to 7 years depending on efficiency*|
|15 to 18 SEER/9 to 9.5 HSPF||$$$||7 to 10 years depending on efficiency*|
|13 to 14 SEER/< 9 HSPF||$||Over 10 years*|
|*Many factors depend on ROI such as house insulation, personal usage preferences, duct work integrity, dual-fuel or electric backup heat, and other basic efficiency factors. HSPF rating is a high factor in the return. Additionally, for heat pumps, a dual-fuel heat pump can make a big difference provided you get a high AFUE furnace for backup heat.|
Rheem Heat Pump Buyers Guide
You need a new heat pump. Additionally, you’ve never really dealt with contractors. Or, maybe you have hired contractors before. Now its time for new heat pump and you have to go through the process of picking a brand. Additionally, the process of hiring a contractor to install the new heat pump. Where do you start? Our best advice to you is to start with our HVAC Consumer Buyers Guide. The buyers guide will help from start to finish. Here are a few excerpt tips from our buyers guide page:
- Brand is not your most important consideration. The most important consideration is selecting the right contractor.
- Get at least 3 bids from vetted contractors. How do you vet them? See the buyers guide page to learn.
- Under any circumstances never guess for sizing. Insist that the contractor(s) do a proper load calculation. If the sizing of the equipment changes so should the sizing of the duct system.
Go ahead and visit the HVAC Consumer Buyers Guide. Don’t be nervous or fret any, its absolutely free. Lastly, there are many other articles in our buyers advice category to help you make a better, more informed buying decision.
Rheem Heat Pump Reviews Conclusion
As heat pumps go Rheem manufacturers a decent heat pump that has a low profile and is quiet. While all heat pumps make noise when running Rheem does a good job of making a quiet heat pump condenser and that helps especially for those condensers installed close to a bedroom window, patio or deck where you entertain or simply want to enjoy quiet time reading a book or whatever. The Rheem heat pump cabinets are durable and well built for longevity and they are competitively priced. On a scale of 0 to 10 we give Rheem heat pumps a 7 which is above average. Leave your opinion below in the comments. What say you?
For more information on Rheem and to see their latest models and efficiency ratings please see the Rheem website.
Rheem Manufacturing Company was established in 1920’s by Richard and Donald Rheem when the two brothers bought a galvanizing plant in San Francisco, CA. In the 40’s and 50’s they expanded it’s core product line of water heaters to include air conditioning and heating equipment. They have expanded and is now a global company with offices in Europe, Australia, Canada, Asia, and South America.
Rheem Heat Pump Reviews - Consumer Ratings