Carrier Air Conditioner Reviews - Consumer Ratings . Carrier air conditioners have efficiency ratings range from 13 SEER to 21 SEER. 21 SEER is a very high energy efficiency for an air-source air conditioner as opposed to geothermal systems. They use R-410A in all models of the air conditioner line. Air Conditioners and Heat Pumps that use R-22 refrigerant are no longer manufactured. Because of the regulations phasing out R-22 refrigerant, many have already switched to R-410A.
Carrier does manufacture air conditioner systems for residential, light commercial, and heavy commercial applications. The name that Carrier calls the super efficient model is Infinity. The next step down being the Performance series. The Performance series is the mid-range line for efficiency. Lastly, the Comfort series air conditioners are in the Carrier economy line. They also offer a builders grade line up. Some features of selected AC’s are:
Carrier Air Conditioner Reviews - Consumer Ratings | Select Features
- Energy Star ratings on select Carrier models therefore you can enjoy energy savings
- Electronic diagnostic control in selected air conditioners for easier air conditioner troubleshooting. As a result of this feature repair bills will be lower.
- 2 stage scroll compressor operation for selected Carrier air conditioners thereby increasing efficiency and comfort
- Low sound ratings for many Carrier AC systems therefore you can enjoy peace and quiet
- Powder coated paint for durable and dependable operation for many years on selected Carrier AC systems
Top Model SEER Rating
All of Carriers residential line of air conditioners come in the 2 to 5-ton size range. Air conditioner sizes are based on a load calculation for your home or residence. A good installation contractor will do a load calculation for your home before submitting the bid to you. All the Carrier air conditioners we researched have AHRI certifications. This means Carrier air conditioner efficiency ratings are certified. Certification by a respected testing industry agency.
Carrier, like other manufacturers, does produce some proprietary parts. That means you may pay more for the parts if you need air conditioner service and repair. High Performance HVAC always recommends you purchase the extended parts and labor warranty if available. Warranties typically expire in less than 5 years and do not cover labor.
United Technologies is the parent corporation of Carrier, Bryant, Heil, and Tempstar. Among other HVAC brands under the United Technologies umbrella.
For more information on Carrier and their latest models and efficiency ratings visit the Carrier website.
- Carrier Warranties as Compared to Other Brands 90%
- Carrier Quality as Compared to Other Brands 95%
- Consumer Opinion based on Field Experience 90%
- Carrier Efficiency Compared to Other Brands 93%
- Overall Carrier Opinion from a Technical Perspective 85%