Westinghouse Heat Pump Reviews - Consumer Ratings - Westinghouse Heat Pumps enter the heat pump market with a Nordyne manufactured line of heat pumps for residential and light commercial applications. The split system line of Westinghouse heat pumps range from 13 SEER all the way up to 22 SEER which is rated as efficient as some geothermal heat pump systems.
Everyone who reads the reviews here at High Performance HVAC knows we are sticklers about manufacturers claims about efficiency but Westinghouse, or rather Nordyne, does something no one else does except the mini-split manufacturers and that is introduce inverter technology to the split system. Westinghouse has met the efficiency rating certified by AHRI which the industry testing institute for certifying efficiency ratings. Select features of select Westinghouse heat pumps include:
Westinghouse Heat Pump Reviews - Consumer Ratings | Select Features
- The system modulates from 40% to 118% (select units). This is based on demand and it saves money and the life of the equipment. Most heat pumps start and stop several times a day. The modulating of the heat pump means the system runs longer but only at the level necessary to satisfy demand. Electrical and mechanical equipment that frequently starts and stops all day long experiences a shorter life span and uses more energy to start.
- Engineered for quiet operation down to 59 decibels
- All Westinghouse heat pump models use R-410A refrigerant
- Units that exceed EnergyStar ratings available
- Select heat pumps use a communicating system for monitoring and diagnostics.
- 10-year all parts warranty upon timely and valid registration. We recommend registering your heat pump as soon as possible after installation.
Westinghouse Heat Pump Top SEER Rating
Westinghouse Heat Pump Top HSPF Rating
Westinghouse Heat Pump Reviews - Consumer Ratings
Inverter technology allows the unit to use only the amount energy necessary to satisfy the load provided the unit is installed and controlled properly. In a normal air conditioner or heat pump the unit will run flat out at 100% to satisfy the demand even when there is only a 50% load. If the unit is installed properly and regular maintenance occurs you can expect the system to give you the most efficiency. Westinghouse seems to have a good quality control check in place so before the units leave the factory they are checked over and over again for quality. Westinghouse backs this up with a 10-year parts warranty and a quality pledge.
For more information on purchasing new HVAC equipment see our HVAC Buyers Guide.
For more information on the Westinghouse warranty and their latest models and efficiency ratings please see the Westinghouse website.
Westinghouse Heat Pump Reviews
Air Conditioner Breaker Trips | Air Conditioner Condensation Water Dripping – Condensate Leaks | Air Conditioning Blower Motor Repair | Air Conditioner Troubleshooting | HVAC Refrigerant Leaks | Fixing a Refrigerant Leak Air Conditioner Compressor Troubleshooting | Variable Speed ECM Blower Motors | Carrier Gas Furnace Reviews | Burnham Boiler Reviews | Lennox Heat Pump Reviews | Building Automation Systems | Daikin Air Conditioner Reviews | Carrier Gas Furnace Reviews | HVAC Triple Evacuation | Variable Speed ECM Condenser Fan Motors | Run Start Capacitors HVAC Motors | Ohms Law and HVAC | Condenser Fan Motor Repair | Fuel-Gas Code Overview | How To Fix Sweating Copper Pipes | Humidifiers and Comfort | Boiler Circulation Problems | Troubleshooting Broken Thermostats