Goodman Heat Pump Reviews - Consumer Ratings - Goodman offers heat pumps in efficiency ranges from 13 SEER 7.7 HSPF to 18 SEER 9.5 HSPF. Selected Goodman heat pumps utilize the new R-410A Refrigerant while others use R-22. Before a heat pump leaves the factory Goodman run tests all their new heat pumps to ensure quality and reliability.
Goodman Heat Pump Features of Selected Systems:
- Lifetime warranty on the compressor in the higher and mid range SEER or HSPF heat pumps.*
- High-efficiency single stage and two-stage scroll compressors in selected units.
- Louvered panels protect condenser coils in units.
- High quality sound blanket covers the compressor for noise reduction.
- All Goodman units performance and efficiency ratings certified by AHRI.
- Two-Stage scroll compressors for lower energy use in selected Goodman heat pumps.
- High and low pressure switches in selected units. This helps in case there is a problem with the refrigeration system. The switches protect the system by automatically shutting the system down before there are major problems.
- Goodman Warranties as Compared to Other Brands 88% 88%
- Goodman Quality as Compared to Other Brands 85% 85%
- Consumer Opinion based on Field Experience 93% 93%
- Goodman Efficiency Compared to Other Brands 94% 94%
- Overall Goodman Opinion from a Technical Perspective 89% 89%
Goodman Heat Pump Top SEER Rating
Goodman Heat Pump Top HSPF Rating
Goodman Heat Pump Reviews - Technicians Perspective
Overall from a techs point of view Goodman makes good equipment. All manufacturers have their little problems from time to time but Goodman usually keeps it simple and therefore easier for heat pump troubleshooting. When the time comes for a heat pump repair - however I would consider Goodman to be just as reliable as the others brand names and manufacturers. Proper installation is key when you buy a new air conditioner or heat pump. Make sure you select the right contractor for the job. Use our buyers advice section on our main site for helping in selecting a good HVAC contractor to install your new system.
Goodman Heat Pump Reviews History
Founded in 1954 by HVAC Contractor Harold Goodman Goodman Manufacturing makes it home in Houston, Texas. Goodman started making flexible air duct and plastic blade registers and later started manufacturing operations to include HVAC equipment including heat pumps. One of Goodman’s philosophies is to build HVAC equipment that has high quality at a low cost.
Goodman R410A 16 SEER Complete Split System Heat Pump 4 Ton, SSZ160481, CHPF4860D6, MBVC2000AA, TX5N4(Horizontal Coil)
For more on Goodman and to see the latest models and efficiency ratings visit the Goodman website.
Goodman Heat Pump Reviews and Consumer Ratings
Air Conditioner Breaker Trips | Air Conditioner Condensation Water Dripping – Condensate Leaks | Air Conditioning Blower Motor Repair | Air Conditioner Troubleshooting | HVAC Refrigerant Leaks | Fixing a Refrigerant Leak Air Conditioner Compressor Troubleshooting | Variable Speed ECM Condenser Fan Motors | Burnham Boiler Reviews | Lennox Heat Pump Reviews | Troubleshooting Broken Thermostats | Building Automation Systems | Daikin Air Conditioner Reviews | HVAC Triple Evacuation | Variable Speed ECM Condenser Fan Motors | Ohms Law and HVAC | R-134A PT Chart |
Share your HVAC Photos or ask a question about your HVAC System by uploading a photo of it.
Visit other parts of our site to find helpful information and calculators.
See our other helpful HVAC calculators placed throughout the site: