Table of Contents
Tempstar Gas Furnace Reviews - Tempstar gas furnaces range in efficiency ratings from 80% AFUE to 97% AFUE. Tempstar’s parent company is United Technologies which is the same company that owns Heil, Carrier, and Bryant so Tempstar has some characteristics in their products that are similar to those individual HVAC manufacturers. Features of various Tempstar Gas Furnaces are (please see the individual reviews for the particular model of gas furnace you intend on purchasing. If it is not listed on this site please email us and we will do a technical review for you on the particular model of Tempstar gas furnace):
Tempstar Gas Furnace Reviews | Consumer Ratings - Features
Select features of various Tempstar gas furnaces include:
- Direct ignition with hot surface igniters in selected Tempstar gas furnace models. No pilot light with direct ignition.
- Weld-free stainless steel heat exchangers in selected Tempstar gas furnace models
- Two-Stage gas furnaces with variable speed blower motors and two-speed induced draft motor in selected Tempstar gas furnace models. The variable-speed blower motor is good but the inducer will not save you any money especially when it is operating at a reduced speed.
- Electronic control boards with diagnostics capabilities in selected Tempstar gas furnace models for better gas furnace troubleshooting
- Tempstar Warranties as Compared to Other Brands 90% 90%
- Tempstar Quality as Compared to Other Brands 90% 90%
- Consumer Opinion based on Field Experience 81% 81%
- Tempstar Efficiency Compared to Other Brands 88% 88%
- Overall Tempstar Opinion from a Technical Perspective 91% 91%
Tempstar Top AFUE Rating
- Lifetime limited warranties for the heat exchanger in selected Tempstar gas furnace models and a 20-year limited warranty on other Tempstar gas furnace models.
- Select models are Gas Furnace EnergyStar rated
Tempstar’s highest AFUE efficient rated furnace is the EC97 Tempstar gas furnace which is a modulating gas furnace. High Performance HVAC recommends finding a competent HVAC contractor to do the installation for any type of gas furnace but especially for the higher-rated efficient furnaces.
Gas Furnace Pricing, Efficiency, and Return On Investment (ROI) Factors
|Pricing Versus Efficiency Return On Investment
|Pricing Range for Initial Purchase and Subsequent Repairs outside of Warranty
|ROI (Return On Investment)
|95% AFUE Plus
|5 to 7 years depending on efficiency %*
|90% to 95% AFUE
|7 to 10 years depending on efficiency %*
|80% to 90%
|Over 10 years*
|*Many factors depend on ROI such as house insulation, personal usage preferences, ductwork integrity, and other essential efficiency factors. The furnace AFUE rating is a high factor in the return.
Tempstar is owned by United Technologies which is the same company that owns Carrier, Heil, and other popular HVAC brands.
For information on Tempstar and its latest models and efficiency ratings please see the Tempstar website.
The user requested Tempstar Gas Furnace reviews. Read our technical review for:
Tempstar Gas Furnace Reviews | Consumer Ratings