Goodman Gas Furnace Reviews – Goodman offers gas furnaces of various efficiency ratings from 80% AFUE to 98% AFUE.
The range of features in various Goodman gas furnace offerings includes many different features. From variable-speed blower motors to multi-speed blower motors. Additionally, from modulation and staging the firing rate in various gas furnaces to single stages in others. Furthermore, electronic control boards with diagnostic abilities for better furnace troubleshooting in others. Lastly, see our Goodman gas furnace reviews model comparison below for more information.
Goodman Gas Furnace Reviews
We also include a model comparison guide for Goodman gas furnace reviews. Select features of various Goodman gas furnaces include:
Goodman Gas Furnace Top AFUE
- Goodman Warranties as Compared to Other Brands 88% 88%
- Goodman Quality as Compared to Other Brands 85% 85%
- Consumer Opinion based on Field Experience 93% 93%
- Goodman Efficiency Compared to Other Brands 94% 94%
- Overall Goodman Opinion from a Technical Perspective 89% 89%
- Communicating System compatible
- Uses ComfortNet™ communicating, two-stage or single-stage thermostats
- Self-calibrating modulating gas valve auto-configured for each installation for modulating gas furnaces
- Quiet ECM variable-speed blower or cooling demand
- Silicon Nitride igniter - Comparable to a hot surface ignitor with the same electronic ignition functionality
- Color-coded low-voltage terminals with provisions for electronic air cleaner and humidifier
- Finally, a self-diagnostic control board with constant memory fault code history output to a dual 7-segment display
Goodman Gas Furnace Model Comparison Guide
|Goodman Gas Furnace Model Comparison Guide|
|Goodman Gas Furnace Model||Efficiency||Gas Furnace Staging/Type||Energy Star Rated||Pricing Model Group|
|GMVM97||98% AFUE||Modulating||√||Premium $$$$$|
|GCVM97||97% AFUE||Modulating||√||Premium $$$$$|
|GMVC96||96% AFUE||2-Stage||√||Premium $$$$|
|GCVC96||96% AFUE||2-Stage||√||Premium $$$$|
|GMEC96||96% AFUE||2-Stage||√||Premium $$$$|
|GCEC96||96% AFUE||2-Stage||√||Premium $$$$|
|GMES96||96% AFUE||Single-Stage||√||Mid Range $$$|
|GCES96||96% AFUE||Single-Stage||√||Mid Range $$$|
|GMES96-U||96% AFUE||Single-Stage||√||Mid Range $$$|
|GMES92||92% AFUE||Single-Stage||X||Mid Range $$$|
|GMVC80||80% AFUE||2-Stage||X||Economy $$|
|GCVC80||80% AFUE||2-Stage||X||Economy $$|
|GMEC80||80% AFUE||2-Stage||X||Economy $$|
|GCEC80||80% AFUE||2-Stage||X||Economy $$|
|GMES80||80% AFUE||Single-Stage||X||Economy $|
|GMES80-U||80% AFUE||Single-Stage||X||Economy $|
|GCES80||80% AFUE||Single-Stage||X||Economy $|
Goodman Gas Furnace Reviews
Goodman offers limited lifetime warranties on heat exchangers. Additionally, ten-year limited warranties on furnace parts. Of course, remember it is only a parts warranty. Therefore, if something goes wrong, you will have to pay labor. Additionally, the warranty is not transferable. Therefore, if you sell the house, then the warranty cannot be transferred to new buyers. High Performance HVAC always recommends you purchase the extended parts and labor warranty if available. Lastly, you must register your newly installed gas furnace within 60 days of installation to qualify for the warranty.
Energy Efficiency and Gas Furnace AFUE
Just because you spend extra money to buy a high AFUE gas furnace does not mean you will have true energy efficiency. There are many factors to getting true energy efficiency. Among these factors are:
- Proper installation of the gas furnace
- Ductwork Integrity
- Home Insulation including energy-efficient doors and windows
- Home humidity levels
For more information see our article on Gas Furnace Efficiency Factors
Goodman CoolCloud™ and ComfortBridge™ Technology | What is It?
Godman has select models available that are compatible with CoolCloud and Comfortbridge. What are these things with weird names and how can they help you?
Goodman CoolCloud is a Bluetooth app that allows technicians the ability to communicate with equipment. This reduces the time for troubleshooting by allowing the technician to see equipment data on a mobile device. It also allows the technician to see history and previous notes from other technicians. It is all designed to reduce the time for making any repairs to the equipment.
Goodman ComfortBridge is an application installed in select Goodman systems. It stores the Goodman HVAC system performance data. It then crunches this data through special algorithms. These algorithms are designed to save energy by optimized control of the HVAC system. No specific thermostat is necessary to allow Comfortbridge to work.
From a technical perspective, these things are great. Things features have been available in the commercial HVAC market for years now. In my opinion, these features will save time and money.
Gas Furnace Pricing, Efficiency, and Return On Investment (ROI) Factors
|Pricing Versus Efficiency Return On Investment|
|Efficiency||Pricing Range for Initial Purchase and Subsequent Repairs outside of Warranty||ROI (Return On Investment)|
|95% AFUE Plus||$$$$$||5 to 7 years depending on efficiency %*|
|90% to 95% AFUE||$$$||7 to 10 years depending on efficiency %*|
|80% to 90%||$||Over 10 years*|
|*Many factors depend on ROI such as house insulation, personal usage preferences, ductwork integrity, and other essential efficiency factors. The furnace AFUE rating is a high factor in the return.|
Goodman Gas Furnace Reviews Buyers Guide
High Performance HVAC offers an HVAC consumer buyers guide on our site. The page is to help people. People that are making an expensive purchase of new HVAC equipment. We offer helpful tips that make the buying process easier for the consumer. Additionally, we also help you steer clear of nefarious contractors who take advantage of consumers. Here are a few tips from that page. Furthermore, for more helpful tips for saving money and frustration see the HVAC consumers buyers guide:
- First, some people think the brand is the most important part of buying a new HVAC system. It should be secondary to other considerations. The most important decision for buying new HVAC equipment is selecting a quality contractor.
- Some contractors use a rule of thumb or select a size to match your current system. Never fall for this and always insist on a new load calculation for your new equipment.
- Lastly, get at least three bids from different contractors that you vetted. Remember, the lowest bid is not always the best. See number one above.
The most important decision you will make in the buying process will be selecting the contractor. Therefore, the priority for you should be, “contractor over a brand.”
Goodman Gas Furnace Comparison Chart
Goodman Gas Furnace Reviews
Goodman was founded in 1954 by HVAC Contractor Harold Goodman in Houston, Texas. They started making flexible air ducts and plastic blade registers. Furthermore, Goodman later started manufacturing operations to include HVAC equipment, including gas furnaces. Lastly, one of Goodman’s philosophies is to build HVAC equipment that has high quality at a low cost.
Finally, for more information on Goodman and their latest models and efficiency ratings please see the Goodman website.
Goodman Gas Furnace Reviews | Consumer Ratings