Table of Contents
Top 12 Gas Furnaces | Gas Furnaces at a Glance
New and improved gas furnaces not only offer great fuel economy, but they also pollute less while maximizing comfort and air quality for residents. Since natural gas remains the foremost heating fuel to this day, upgrading your central heating system and replacing your old furnace with more efficient models can help you offset hiking energy prices.
So how do people go about buying a furnace? Property owners usually rely on a complex system of ratings, specialist opinions, consumer reviews, and personal experience to reach a decision when purchasing a new furnace for their homes or offices. Here, we present the 12 best gas furnaces in the HVAC technology industry that create the perfect housing and business heating solutions.
AirEase Gas Furnaces
AirEase gas furnaces are known for their high efficiency and advanced designs that bring more comfort to residential and commercial property owners. Built with precisely engineered HVAC equipment, variable speed blowers, and multi-stage performance, these gas furnaces are the ideal solution for both discerning homeowners as well as professional dealers.
- The AirEase brand has earned the ‘Energy Star’ label, which means that they significantly cut down your energy bills and help you reduce your environmental footprint.
- Available in various sizes and models, AirEase gas furnaces have leading-edge inbuilt features including access panels, two-stage heating, quarter-turn latches, and corner-mount utility hookups that deliver years of trouble-free operation.
- AirEase heating furnaces range on an efficiency rating of 80% to 97% AFUE.
Armstrong Gas Furnaces
Armstrong gas furnaces offer a full lineup of gas furnaces and equipment that deliver on the company’s dual promise of efficiency and dependability. Armstrong is a big name in the HVAC technologies and is popular with dealers and contractors alike. While the top brands in the sector are overpriced, gas furnaces by Armstrong are quite consumer-friendly from the price-value perspective.
- Ranging between 80% and 97% AFUE, Armstrong gas furnaces offer great climate control and dehumidification benefits which make life easier for homeowners.
- Besides digital control, heat modulation, and variable-speed motors, Armstrong furnaces feature a patented EXH technology that troubleshoots mechanical failures occurring due to heat exchangers and hotbeds in the combustion chamber.
Trane is a manufacturing branch of Ingersoll Rand and a leading name in the worldwide heating and cooling sector. The company has been in the business of producing high-end heating solutions since 1916, offering a wide spectrum of products. Gas furnaces by Trane come in a variety of single-stage, two-stage and modulating gas heaters.
- The single-stage furnaces perform between 80% and 95% AFUE, while two-stage models operate between 80% and 96.7% AFUE ratings.
- The modulating gas furnace by Trane operates at an AFUE level of 97.3%, which is highly efficient.
Trane’s gas furnaces combine fuel efficiency with noise-reducing technology for complete comfort. Every unit by Trane is fitted with cutting-edge components, including silicon nitride hot surface igniter, multi-port burners, heavy steel insulated cabinet, and stainless steel primary and secondary heat exchangers for an uninterrupted, seamless performance.
As one of the largest manufacturers of light commercial and residential gas furnaces, Goodman holds a distinct position in the indoor heating and air-quality products. By combining quality, low cost, and comprehensive warranty coverage, Goodman has become one of the best-selling brands in the global home heating industry.
- With upfront costs as low as $2055, Goodman models provide small homesteads with considerable savings.
- Goodman’s Energy Star modulated furnaces operate at or above 97% AFUE, with excellent engineering and quality construction.
On the downside, however, Goodman plays short when it comes to innovative features and the brand does not offer any exclusive hallmark components. However, this particular shortcoming is compensated by the company’s distinction in simplicity, quality, economy, and warranty.
Hailing from Japan, Daikin Industries Limited has successfully expanded its HVAC product line to include furnaces, heat pumps, and air conditioners for use in residential and commercial buildings. The gas furnace line alone is quite deep and wide, with an exceptional range of furnace models that allow the corporation to compete favorably in the mid-range priced high-tech furnaces. On the AFUE efficiency ratings, Daikin furnaces enjoy the top 98% level.
- Most gas furnaces by Daikin offer variable speeds, balanced heat, improved fuel efficiency as well as reduced wear and tear.
- The Daikin HVAC unit operates supply stores in more than 64 locations around the world. Getting replacement parts is relatively easier for users, whereas warranty issues are also resolved quickly.
- Daikin gas furnaces can be expensive for the upfront purchase, but they are an excellent investment for the long haul.
A company with a strong history of manufacturing reliable HVAC products, Amana is a mid-range brand of high-performing, standard efficiency gas furnaces. Delivering years of uninterrupted service, and Amana gas furnace is designed according to its proprietary ComnfortNet Control System with a smart full-color thermostat providing wireless control access to multiple devices around the homestead.
- Amana’s price range starts from $3000 to $6000 including installation, making these units some of the most affordable gas furnaces available in the market.
- Amana’s high-efficiency series of furnaces range from single-stage economy models with 92% AFUE ratings to the variable speed models guaranteeing ratings of 96% to 98%.
- Amana offers a lifetime warranty on their furnaces and extended service agreements.
One of the top-ranking brands in Canada, Carrier offers a wide range of furnaces that enjoy an AFUE rating from 92% to 98.5%. Carrier is a respected name in industrial-grade air cooling and heating systems, and their residential gas furnaces provide property owners with the same kind of quality. While Carrier has a hefty upfront cost, it is deemed a good investment that can help you save money in future heating bills. Carrier offers:
- Smart Evap
- Ideal Humidity System
- Greenspeed Intelligence
- Comfort Heat and Comfort Fan technology
Considered one of the ‘Big 3’ of the HVAC world, Lennox is a premium furnace brand featuring the patented SilentComfort and Airflex technologies. The company manufactures ten different types of gas furnaces in 3 series: Lennox Merit Series, Lennox Elite Series, and Dave Lennox Signature Collection.
- Lennox furnace’s average price range is between $3000 and $7500, but the exact price depends on the model, location, home size, and unit’s installation.
- High-efficiency furnaces by Lennox achieve 90% to 97% in annualized fuel efficiency.
Lenox manufacturers set themselves apart from the competition by delivering exceptional quality, dependability, and well-designed options at different price points. However, the company does not currently offer full-unit replacement warranties, which is a huge damper.
Heil gas furnaces are owned and manufactured by ICP, which also owns Carrier. Hail’s strongest point is that it delivers on pricing and affordability better than anyone. With a broad range of energy-efficient gas furnaces, Hail is a perfect solution for residential and small-scale commercial heating.
- The RPJ primary heat exchanger is corrosion resistant with a rippled edge design technology allowing the unit to be more energy efficient.
- The latest observer communicating technology found in Hail furnaces enable the various parts of the unit to ‘communicate’ with each other for better operational efficiency.
A heating unit by Coleman is unlike any product that you might have owned before. Unlike traditional one-stage furnaces that operate in bursts of hot and cold air, with Coleman’s Energy Star gas furnaces homeowners enjoy a great air quality and flawless performance even in the most extreme weather conditions. Coleman has been engaged in the production of top-of-the-line heating and cooling systems in North America since the late 1950s.
- Coleman gas furnace series comprises four different product lines including the Echelon Series, Comforteer Series, LX Series, and Coleman Light Commercial Services.
- The modulating heating units by Coleman range in AFUE ratings from 80% to a staggering 98% efficiency.
Rheem’s product line-up consists of more than 20 furnaces that range from 80% to 96% AFUE efficiency ratings. Offering 3 successful series of furnace models (Prestige, Classis, and Classic Plus), Rheem has a proud history of operating in the HVAC industry for close to a hundred years.
- The company manufactures a broad range of modern propane and natural gas furnaces that provide comprehensive warranty coverage.
- Rheem furnaces are reasonably priced and deliver a solid performance, high energy efficiency, and a variety of advanced features.
Purchasing a Rheem gas furnace is one of the smartest choices you can make.
Ducane is a brand popular amongst price-conscious consumers who are looking for reliable, solid entry-level or mid-level gas furnaces for their home heating systems.
- Ducane’s lower efficient models have an 80% AFUE rating, while the more efficient models can go up to 96%.
- The Electronically Commuted Motor technology in Ducane gas furnaces helps reduce the overall energy consumption of the units.
- Ducane gas furnaces tend to be louder than high-end models available in the market.
For a reasonable price, Ducane provides good basic heating options for home users. Having competitive warranties, Ducane furnaces are perfect for those looking for a short-term solution as opposed to long-term investment.
The Bottom Line - Top 12 Gas Furnaces
Buying a new furnace for your home heating system is a decision that you will have to live with for decades to come. A gas furnace, regardless of its brand name or country of origin, must provide an array of essential features such as variable heat output, air filtration, and efficient ignition system, and sophisticated zoned heating. On top of that, it should be the right size and specifications to fit your needs while generating fewer emissions and more energy as reflected in its annual fuel-utilization-efficiency rating. Lastly, the best gas furnaces are those that are neither seen nor heard.