Heil Gas Furnace Reviews - Heil has a wide range of gas furnaces ranging from 80% AFUE to 98% AFUE with the top of the line Heil being a modulating gas furnace. Their gas furnaces can be matched with a heat pump condensing unit for a dual fuel heat pump system that some manufacturers call a Hybrid heat pump system.
Heil Gas Furnace Reviews | Consumer Ratings
Heil is owned by United Technologies, which is the parent company of Carrier and other popular HVAC brands, so the Heil brand shares similar technology features as the other brands under the same company umbrella. These features include a communicating feature that is optional.
The communicating feature is a state-of-the-art feature that allows the condenser and the furnace to communicate to the branded and proprietary thermostat for efficiency and diagnostics reasons.
Choosing this feature eliminates the possibility of converting back to a legacy thermostat unless the contractor runs the traditional legacy thermostat wire for the new system along with the wiring for the communicating system.
We also recommend if you choose the communicating system, you get an extended parts and labor warranty if one is available.
Select features of Heil gas furnaces include:
- Heil Warranties as Compared to Other Brands 90% 90%
- Heil Quality as Compared to Other Brands 90% 90%
- Consumer Opinion based on Field Experience 98% 98%
- Heil Efficiency Compared to Other Brands 89% 89%
- Overall Heil Opinion from a Technical Perspective 90% 90%
Heil Gas Furnaces Top AFUE Rating
Air Source Heat Pump Tips | Dual Fuel Heating
A dual fuel heat pump is a heat pump with a gas furnace for backup heating rather than electric heat strips.
Air source heat pumps have a backup heating source. In most installations, the backup heating source is electric heat strips. Electric heat strips are very cheap to install in most cases. However, while electricity is generally regarded as 100% efficient, producing it is more costly than other heating methods. For a more efficient heat pump, consider a dual fuel heat pump, or a heat pump with a gas furnace for the backup heat source. It will be more costly to install, but your monthly bills will be reduced.
- Hot surface ignition offers direct main burner ignition skipping any pilot lights. This simplifies things and makes the system easier to troubleshoot in the event of a problem.
- Diagnostic abilities for better gas furnace troubleshooting
- Electronic ignition controls
- Dual-fuel capable with a heat pump for energy-saving heating performance. Must be set up properly with controls and other dual-fuel components.
- Rugged steel cabinet that is corrosion and rust-resistant
Heil Gas Furnace Model Comparison Guide
|Heil Gas Furnace Model Comparison Guide|
|Model | Series||Energy Star Rated||Operation||Efficiency Rating|
|G97CMN | Ion™||√||Modulating Heat||Up to 98% AFUE rating|
|G80CTL | Ion™||X||Two-Stage Heat||80% AFUE rating|
|G96CTN | Ion™||√||Two-Stage Heat||Up to 96.7% AFUE rating|
|G80CSU | Ion™||X||Single-Stage Heat - Low Nox||80% AFUE rating|
|G96VTN | QuietComfort®||√||Two-Stage Heat||Up to 96.0% AFUE rating|
|N95ESN | Performance||√||Single-Stage Heat||Up to 96% AFUE rating|
|N95ESU | Performance||X||Single-Stage Heat - Low Nox||Up to 95% AFUE rating|
|N92ESN | Performance||X||Single-Stage Heat||Up to 92.1% AFUE rating|
|N80ESN | Performance||X||Single-Stage Heat||80% AFUE rating|
|N80ESU | Performance||X||Single-Stage Heat - Low Nox||80% AFUE rating|
|N80VSL | Performance||X||Single-Stage Heat||80% AFUE rating|
Heil Gas Furnace Reviews
Warranties for Heil gas furnaces range from a 20-year limited warranty on various models of heat exchangers and lifetime limited warranties on other model heat exchangers. Heil gas furnace warranties on parts are industry standard 5 years. Always make sure to read the warranty and understand it before purchase. Additionally, it is important to understand that most HVAC manufacturers only offer a limited parts warranty. That means you have to pay for labor if something goes wrong. That is simply the nature of the HVAC industry.
Most contractors will give you their personal one-year warranty on parts and labor. At least any reputable contractor will their guarantee. A contractor that will give their warranty is likely one you can trust to be reliable and do good work. Warranties are an important consideration in the purchase decision. Someone who will stand behind their product and work is likely someone you depend on if something goes wrong. Lastly, on warranties, always make sure to register the warranty as soon as possible after the installation is complete.
Heil Gas Furnace Buyer’s Guide
You would not be here if you didn’t need a new gas furnace. That is likely the starting point for you. It’s good to read the reviews and get a feeling for the products and brands you are going to purchase. However, where do you go from here? You can’t just hop in the car and go down to the gas furnace store and pick out a furnace. So what is the process of buying a new gas furnace? And what are things you need to look out for in the process? Here are a few tips from our HVAC Consumer Buyer’s Guide article to help you:
- Get at least three bids from three different contractors. You should vet these contractors before you even make the first phone call.
- Always make sure the contractor submits a load calculation with their contract. Some contractors will not give you a load calculation until you sign the contract. However, it is a crucial part of buying a new gas furnace. Without the load calculation, they are only guessing, and that can cost you more money, now and in the long run.
- A reputable contractor will always look at the ductwork. Furthermore, if the size of the HVAC system changes from the size of your existing system, the size of the ductwork will need to be changed.
For tips and help with purchasing a new gas furnace or any HVAC system visit the HVAC Consumer Buyer’s Guide and the Buyer’s Guide category.
Gas Furnace Pricing, Efficiency, and Return On Investment (ROI) Factors
|Pricing Versus Efficiency Return On Investment|
|Efficiency||Pricing Range for Initial Purchase and Subsequent Repairs outside of Warranty||ROI (Return On Investment)|
|95% AFUE Plus||$$$$$||5 to 7 years depending on efficiency %*|
|90% to 95% AFUE||$$$||7 to 10 years depending on efficiency %*|
|80% to 90%||$||Over 10 years*|
|*Many factors depend on ROI such as house insulation, personal usage preferences, ductwork integrity, and other essential efficiency factors. The furnace AFUE rating is a high factor in the return.|
Heil Gas Furnace Reviews | Consumer Ratings - About Heil
Heil has changed hands many time times since its inception but is now owned by United Technologies, which is the same parent company that owns Carrier and Bryant.
For more information on Heil and its latest models and efficiency ratings, please see the Heil website.
Heil Gas Furnace Reviews | Consumer Ratings