Lennox Gas Furnace Reviews - Lennox has several gas furnaces available from the economical low efficient furnaces to the high efficiency high dollar gas furnaces. Their gas furnaces range from 80% AFUE all the way up to 98.7% AFUE.
They are considered a premium furnace maker and HVAC equipment producer. The dealer network is strategically located all over the US and Canada so parts availability if parts are needed can be shipped overnight if the dealer does not have the part stocked.
Lennox Gas Furnace Reviews - Consumer Ratings - Features
Various Lennox gas furnaces include the following features:
- Variable speed ECM blower motors for efficiency in selected models
- Lennox claims the G71 Variable capacity gas furnace is the quietest gas furnace you can buy. It is also one of the few only truly modulating gas furnace with a range of firing rate from 40% to 100%.
- Two-stage gas furnaces in selected models
- DuralokPlus® Heat Exchanger on selected models which is considered highly efficient and reliable. The heat exchanger on selected models comes with a lifetime limited warranty - a lifetime warranty with the heat exchanger is an excellent deal for the consumer especially if it is transferable
- Lennox Warranties as Compared to Other Brands 97% 97%
- Lennox Quality as Compared to Other Brands 99% 99%
- Consumer Opinion based on Field Experience 90% 90%
- Efficiency Compared to Other Brands 100% 100%
- Overall Lennox Opinion from a Technical Perspective 90% 90%
Lennox Gas Furnace Reviews Top AFUE Rating
Additional Lennox Features
Lennox Gas Furnace Reviews & Ratings
- SureLight® Silicon Nitride Ignitor which are tough and durable on selected models
- Duel-fuel capabilities when used with a heat pump. Proper installation and set-up off the controls are necessary for dual-fuel applications.
- Select Lennox gas furnace models are Energy Star rated
- Diagnostic abilities for better gas furnace troubleshooting
Lennox offers many features among various gas furnaces. For particular features see our review for particular gas furnace models. If the gas furnace model you are looking to purchase is not listed in our gas furnace directory please email us and we will do a technical review of the gas furnace for you.
Lennox Gas Furnace Model Comparison Guide
|Lennox Gas Furnace Model Comparison Guide|
|Lennox Gas Furnace Model||Efficiency||Gas Furnace Staging/Type||Energy Star Rated||Pricing Model Group|
|SLP98V||98.7% AFUE||Modulating||√||Premium $$$$$|
|SL297NV||97.5% AFUE||Two-stage||√||Premium $$$$$|
|SL280V||80% AFUE||Two-Stage||X||Economy $$|
|SL280NV||80% AFUE||Two-Stage||X||Economy $$|
|EL296V||97.5% AFUE||Two-Stage||√||Mid Range $$$|
|EL296E||96% AFUE||Two-Stage||√||Mid Range $$$|
|EL280E||80% AFUE||Two-stage||X||Economy $$|
|EL280||80% AFUE||Two-Stage||X||Economy $$|
|EL196E||96% AFUE||Single-Stage||√||Mid Range $$$|
|EL195E||95% AFUE||Single-Stage||√||Mid Range $$$|
|EL195NE||95% AFUE||Single-Stage* Low Nox||√||Mid Range $$$|
|EL180NE||80% AFUE||Single-Stage||X||Economy $$|
|ML296V||96% AFUE||Two-Stage||√||Premium $$$$|
|ML195||95% AFUE||Single-Stage||X||Mid Range $$$|
|ML193E||93% AFUE||Single-Stage||√* Southeast Region Only||Mid Range $$$|
|ML193||93% AFUE||Single-Stage||X||Mid Range $$|
|ML180||80% AFUE||Single-Stage||X||Economy $$|
|ML180E||80% AFUE||Single-Stage||X||Economy $$|
Lennox offers some decent warranties that are in line with industry averages. They do exceed industry averages on the heat exchanger warranties on select systems. We recommend an extended labor warranty if available.
You will want a labor warranty especially if you purchase the premium models. Premium models have complex components and operating sequences. It will be necessary to hire a skilled technician to troubleshoot the problem.
Always read and understand the warranty before making the purchase. Many people don’t read it and are surprised later. The most common surprise is that you have to pay for labor. This is partially why we recommend the labor warranty if available. Lastly, don’t forget to register the warranty soon after installation is complete. Failure to do so may void any warranty.
Lennox Gas Furnace Buyers Guide
Lennox Gas Furnace Reviews & Ratings
So its time to buy a new furnace and air conditioner. Where do you start? How do you protect yourself and get the best deal and installation of the new system? The new installation will require the services of an HVAC contractor. How do you find the best contractor?
How do you deal with them and get the best possible installation? Have no fear, we have written a buyers guide to help you along the way. Here is a small list of helpful items from our buyers guide page:
- Should the contractor guess about sizing your new HVAC equipment? Of course not. Every bid you get from an HVAC contractor should come with a load calculation. If it doesn’t, that’s not the contractor for you.
- What’s the most important decision factor when buying new HVAC equipment? A) Brand or B) Quality of contractor. If you answered B give yourself a gold star.
- If you have a forced air system there will be considerations for the duct work.
Find out more from our HVAC Consumer Buyers Guide.
Lennox Gas Furnace Comparison Chart
Are Lennox Gas Furnaces any good?
In my opinion Lennox makes a good furnace. The engineering is sound and they are innovative with efficiency and design in their gas furnaces. Additionally, quality control is excellent with Lennox. They also have a well trained dealer network that is designed to benefit Lennox customers with factory trained technicians. That is key in many areas of customer satisfaction. It doesn’t matter what the brand of furnace you purchase if it is installed incorrectly the furnace will not run well, experience constant breakdowns, never achieve rated efficiency, and will have to be replaced sooner. Go with a reliable, quality contractor over any brand. To Lennoxes benefit, they do have well trained technians. How do I know? I worked for a Lennox dealer for several years.
How long will a Lennox furnace last?
Working for a Lennox dealer, I saw gas furnaces still in operation that had been installed for 20 years or longer. And the customers were very happy with their Lennox furnace. Of course, the furnace was installed correctly and had regular periodic maintenance done to it. Most gas furnaces, if installed properly, will last 15 or more years. I once read an article stating the average HVAC system (air conditioning and heating) lasted 13 years. I agree with assessment. Any furnace will last more than 13 years with proper care and attention. That means regular furnace maintenance.
Lennox Gas Furnace Reviews - Consumer Ratings | About
Editors note - I used to work for a Lennox dealer and while Lennox can over-engineer things a bit they do stand behind their products as long as the consumer complies with the proper procedures when purchasing their products. That includes any registration deadlines with the initial paperwork and having an authorized HVAC contractor install the system.
Lennox started in 1895 with a riveted steel furnace and eventually began producing other home comfort products. They boast more than 60 home comfort products in the product line-up. They also produce light commercial products for businesses.
For more on Lennox gas furnaces and their latest models and efficiency ratings please see the Lennox website.
Lennox Gas Furnace Reviews - Consumer Ratings