Ducane Gas Furnace Reviews - Ducane offers various different gas furnaces to fit many needs and efficiency levels. Ducane’s gas furnace efficiency levels range from the HVAC industry-standard 80% AFUE for lower efficient models to 96% AFUE for the higher gas furnace models.
Comes configured for horizontal flow configuration but can quickly be converted to a left or right flow layout. Gas furnaces over 90% AFUE offer big energy savings compared to baseline 80% gas furnaces which use much more fuel to provide heating.
Some gas furnaces offer both single-stage and two-stage operations. The more economical gas furnaces (for purchase) using only single-stage control. The economical Ducane gas furnaces also can be configured with a multi-speed PSC electric blower motor or an ECM variable-speed blower motor.
Ducane Gas Furnace Reviews | Consumer Ratings - Features
Select features of various models of Ducane furnaces include:
- Two-stage gas valve
- Integrated ignition and fan control
- System Sentry™ control on select models retains the last five (5) fault codes with push-button memory for up to 5 flash codes
- Hot surface ignition system uses silicon nitride ignitor
- two-stage firing rate
- Variable-speed ECM blower motor
Ducain Top AFUE Rating (up to)
- Warranties as Compared to Other Brands 85% 85%
- Ducane Quality as Compared to Other Brands 85% 85%
- Consumer Opinion based on Field Experience 92% 92%
- Ducane Efficiency Compared to Other Brands 80% 80%
- Overall Ducane Opinion from a Technical Perspective 90% 90%
Ducane Gas Furnace Model Comparison Guide
|Ducane Gas Furnace Model Comparison Guide|
|Ducane Gas Furnace Model||Efficiency||Gas Furnace Staging/Type||Energy Star Rated||Pricing Model Group|
|96G1E||96% AFUE||Single-stage Condensing||√||Premium $$$$$|
|95G2V||95% AFUE||Two-stage Condensing||√||Premium $$$$$|
|95G1E||95% AFUE||Single-Stage Condensing||√||Premium $$$$|
|95G1||95% AFUE||Single-Stage Condensing||X||Mid Range $$$|
|92G1E||92% AFUE||Single-Stage Condensing||X||Mid Range $$$|
|92G1||92% AFUE||Single-Stage Condensing||X||Mid Range $$$|
|80G2V||80% AFUE||Two-Stage Atmospheric||X||Economy $$|
|80G1E||80% AFUE||Single-Stage Atmospheric||X||Economy $$|
|80G1||80% AFUE||Single-Stage Atmospheric||X||Economy $$|
Ducane Gas Furnace Reviews | Consumer Ratings - Warranties
Warranties for furnace heat exchangers are a lifetime limited warranty and a 10-year limited warranty on parts. Always make sure you understand the warranty and all the conditions before basing your purchase decision on any major purchase. Understand, with most HVAC warranties, you pay for labor if a problem occurs. Lastly, remember to register the warranty as soon as possible after installation.
Gas Furnace Pricing, Efficiency, and Return On Investment (ROI) Factors
|Pricing Versus Efficiency Return On Investment|
|Efficiency||Pricing Range for Initial Purchase and Subsequent Repairs outside of Warranty||ROI (Return On Investment)|
|95% AFUE Plus||$$$$$||5 to 7 years depending on efficiency %*|
|90% to 95% AFUE||$$$||7 to 10 years depending on efficiency %*|
|80% to 90%||$||Over 10 years*|
|*Many factors depend on ROI such as house insulation, personal usage preferences, ductwork integrity, and other essential efficiency factors. The furnace AFUE rating is a high factor in the return.|
Ducane Furnace Buyers Guide
Here at High Performance HVAC, we have an HVAC Equipment Buyers Guide that will help you make a new purchase. It will help you through the process of buying new equipment including a Ducane gas furnace. Some highlights from the guide include:
- Always get at least 3 bids from contractors when purchasing new equipment.
- The lowest bid is not always the best. It is the quality of the contractor. Someone who is going to do the job right the first time. A bad installation will give you frustration for the life of the equipment. Additionally, a bad installation will also fail at giving you the rated efficiency of the equipment.
- Never fail to get a load calculation from the contractor. Never base the sizing on the old equipment and never use the rule of thumbs.
- For forced-air systems, make sure the ductwork is good. Buying an efficient gas furnace and installing it into bad ductwork will not give you the rated efficiency.
- If the manufacturer offers a labor warranty purchase it especially for the premium models.
- Brand of equipment is a secondary consideration. Quality of contractor is the first.
Ducane was found in 1947 in Union City, New Jersey, and was eventually purchased by Lennox. They produce HVAC products for residential and light commercial applications. Ducane products include gas furnaces, oil furnaces, unit heaters, heat pumps, and air conditioners. Ducane has dealers located throughout the USA.
For more on Ducane and their latest models and efficiency ratings please see the Ducane website.
Ducane Gas Furnace Reviews | Consumer Ratings
See our other helpful HVAC calculators placed throughout the site: