Tempstar Gas Furnace Reviews - Tempstar gas furnaces range in efficiency ratings from 80% AFUE to 97% AFUE. Tempstar’s parent company is United Technologies which is the same company that owns Heil, Carrier, and Bryant so Tempstar has some characteristics in their products that are similar to those individual HVAC manufacturers. Features of various Tempstar Gas Furnaces are (please see the individual reviews for the particular model of gas furnace you intend on purchasing. If it is not listed on this site please email us and we will do a technical review for you on the particular model of Tempstar gas furnace):
Tempstar Gas Furnace Reviews | Consumer Ratings - Features
Select features of various Tempstar gas furnaces include:
- Direct ignition with hot surface igniters in selected Tempstar gas furnace models. No pilot light with direct ignition.
- Weld-free stainless steel heat exchangers in selected Tempstar gas furnace models
- Two-Stage gas furnaces with variable speed blower motors and two-speed induced draft motor in selected Tempstar gas furnace models. The variable speed blower motor is good but the inducer will not save you any money especially when it is operating at a reduced speed.
- Electronic control boards with diagnostics capabilities in selected Tempstar gas furnace models for better gas furnace troubleshooting
- <p>Tempstar Warranties as Compared to Other Brands</p> 90% 90%
- <p>Tempstar Quality as Compared to Other Brands</p> 90% 90%
- <p>Consumer Opinion based on Field Experience</p> 81% 81%
- <p>Tempstar Efficiency Compared to Other Brands</p> 88% 88%
- <p>Overall Tempstar Opinion from a Technical Perspective</p> 91% 91%
Tempstar Top AFUE Rating
- Lifetime limited warranties for the heat exchanger in selected Tempstar gas furnace models and a 20-year limited warranty on other Tempstar gas furnace models.
- Select models are Gas Furnace EnergyStar rated
Tempstar’s highest AFUE efficient rated furnace is the EC97 Tempstar gas furnace which is a modulating gas furnace. High Performance HVAC recommends finding a competent HVAC contractor to do the installation for any type of gas furnace but especially for the higher rated efficient furnaces.
Tempstar is owned by United Technologies which is the same company that owns Carrier, Heil, and other popular HVAC brands.
For information on Tempstar and their latest models and efficiency ratings please see the Tempstar website.
User requested Tempstar Gas Furnace reviews. Read our technical review for:
Tempstar Gas Furnace Reviews | Consumer Ratings
Air Conditioner Breaker Trips | Air Conditioner Condensation Water Dripping – Condensate Leaks | Air Conditioning Blower Motor Repair | Air Conditioner Troubleshooting | HVAC Refrigerant Leaks | Fixing a Refrigerant Leak Air Conditioner Compressor Troubleshooting | Variable Speed ECM Condenser Fan Motors | Burnham Boiler Reviews | Lennox Heat Pump Reviews | Troubleshooting Broken Thermostats | Building Automation Systems | Daikin Air Conditioner Reviews | HVAC Triple Evacuation | Variable Speed ECM Condenser Fan Motors | Ohms Law and HVAC | R-134A PT Chart |
Share your HVAC Photos or ask a question about your HVAC System by uploading a photo of it.