Rheem Air Conditioner Reviews - Consumer Ratings - Rheem offers several economical air conditioning systems from 13 SEER to 20 SEER for residential and light commercial. Rheem air conditioners come in the Prestige series air conditioner or the Classic series air conditioner and features of various Rheem air conditioners include:
Rheem Air Conditioner Reviews - Consumer Ratings | Select Features
- Energy Star rating on selected ACs
- Two-Stage compressors in selected AC units offer higher efficiency for energy savings
- On-board diagnostics on select AC units that detect and records potential problems to make air conditioner troubleshooting easier for technicians servicing the unit.
- Durable cabinets with sound blankets on compressors to reduce noise on selected air conditioners
- Selected air conditioners use R-410A ozone-friendly refrigerant
- Easy access panels with pressure controls on selected air conditioners
- Rheem Warranties as Compared to Other Brands 85% 85%
- Rheem Quality as Compared to Other Brands 92% 92%
- Consumer Opinion based on Field Experience 80% 80%
- Efficiency Compared to Other Brands 90% 90%
- Overall Rheem Opinion from a Technical Perspective 88% 88%
Rheem Consumer Ratings - Top Model SEER Rating
Overall Rheem air conditioners are good systems. Rheem condensing units have unique designs that make them stand out from other manufacturers. Some units are low profile so they do not stand out. Rheem does have some proprietary parts that require you to purchase parts from a Rheem dealer if there is a problem with some components.
Rheem air handlers come in a variety of sizes for various applications including residential and light commercial and can be easily matched to their air conditioners, heat pumps, or stand-alone electric furnace combinations. Their air handlers can be configured for horizontal flow, up-flow, and downflow installations, and Rheem manufacturers air handlers that fit in tight spaces.
High Performance HVAC always recommends when replacing the air handler that you get the matching condenser for the heat pump or air conditioner as matching systems are the most efficient and work best together rather than mismatched systems. Additionally, Rheem also offers a hydronic air handler where you can use a special water heater or piping from a boiler to run hot water through a coil in the air handler for heating purposes.
Rheem Air Handler Features
Various features of select air handlers include:
- R410A refrigerant coil models used in Rheem air handlers
- Select air handlers come with variable speed ECM blower motors
- Air handlers are insulated for quiet operation
- Select air handlers are constructed with double wall painted steel for durability
- Humidity control for select air handlers - this is good for consumers as it is very important to health to maintain proper humidity levels in the home
Rheem condensing units are manufactured as either heat pump condensers or air conditioner condensers up to 20 SEER and condensing units that utilize R-410A refrigerants. They design condensing units that are slightly different than other manufacturers condensing units including controls and the overall appearance of their condensing units.
Rheem Condensing Unit Features
Various features of selected condensing units include:
- Selected condensing units are Energy Star rated
- Corrosion and rust-resistant materials for longer life and less maintenance in condensing units
- Select condensing units offer humidity control
- Select condensing units come with a 10-year limited parts warranty
- Top of the line condenser comes with an optional communications feature for diagnostics and user information features. This makes troubleshooting air conditioners or heat pumps easier for technicians.
Choosing the Rheem Contractor
One of the most important selections you can make when purchasing HVAC equipment is not the name brand of the appliance but the HVAC contractor you choose to install the product for you.
It is very important that the system as a whole is installed properly lest problems occur later that will not be covered by warranty simply because the system was installed improperly. So make sure you choose a reputable and reliable HVAC contractor for your next HVAC purchase.
Air Conditioner Pricing, Efficiency, and Return On Investment Factors
|Pricing Versus Efficiency Return On Investment|
|Efficiency||Pricing Range for Initial Purchase and Subsequent Repairs outside of Warranty||ROI (Return On Investment)|
|19 SEER Plus||$$$$$||5 to 7 years depending on efficiency*|
|15 to 18 SEER||$$$||7 to 10 years depending on efficiency*|
|13 to 14 SEER||$||Over 10 years*|
|*Many factors depend on ROI such as house insulation, personal usage preferences, duct work integrity, and other basic efficiency factors. SEER level efficiency is very important to ROI. The higher the SEER, the quicker the return.|
Rheem Consumer Ratings
Rheem Manufacturing Company was established in the 1920s by Richard and Donald Rheem when the two brothers bought a galvanizing plant in San Francisco, CA. In the ’40s and ’50s, Rheem expanded its core product line of water heaters to include air conditioning and heating equipment. Rheem has expanded and is now a global company with offices in Europe, Australia, Canada, Asia, and South America.
For more information on Rheem and its latest models and efficiency ratings, visit the Rheem website.