Table of Contents
Goodman Air Conditioner Reviews - Goodman air conditioners are manufactured at one of their modern high technology facilities in Houston, Texas, Dayton, Tennessee, or Fayetteville, Tennessee. Goodman air conditioning systems are popular because they are economically priced and very competitive in the market today. Goodman offers several models of air conditioners that range from 13 SEER to 19 SEER, and many Goodman air conditioners utilize the new ozone-friendly refrigerant R-410A. Various features of selected air conditioners are:
Goodman Air Conditioner Reviews | Consumer Ratings | Select Features
- Two-stage scroll compressors in selected air conditioners for two-stage operation.
- Goodman air conditioners engineered for quiet operation
- The top air conditioner model uses inverter technology for increased performance
- Energy efficiency performance certified by AHRI
- All air conditioner models use the friendly R-410A refrigerant.
- Select Goodman air conditioner condensing units come with high and low-pressure refrigeration switches. These switches protect you in the event of a problem with the refrigeration system.
- 10-year limited parts warranty on selected air conditioners. Lifetime warranty on select compressors.
- Selected models are energy star rated
- Lifetime compressor warranty on selected models
- Goodman Warranties as Compared to Other Brands 88% 88%
- Goodman Quality as Compared to Other Brands 85% 85%
- Consumer Opinion based on Field Experience 93% 93%
- Goodman Efficiency Compared to Other Brands 94% 94%
- Overall Goodman Opinion from a Technical Perspective 89% 89%
Goodman Top SEER
See our HVAC Buyers Guide for more information about buying air conditioning and heating equipment. Goodman also has a series of package unit air conditioners and Goodman gas package units that come in different configurations. The most popular package unit is the goodman gas and air conditioner all-in-one combination. See our Goodman package unit reviews for more information.
What’s the Difference Between a Package Unit and a Split System? Goodman Air Conditioner Reviews
A package unit is an all-in-one unit with air conditioning and heating all in one package. The most popular being a gas furnace and air conditioner combination in one unit. A package unit is used when space inside the home is limited. A split system requires space inside the home for an air handler. Whereas, a package unit has everything, including the air handler, the heating system, and the air conditioner in one package.
Goodman Air Handlers
Goodman Air Handlers Reviews - Goodman offers a variety of air handlers in different configurations. Configurations such as downflow, upflow, and horizontal flow applications for residential applications. Goodman air handlers can be matched with most air conditioner and heat pump systems. Additionally, Goodman air handlers come with either multi-speed blower motors or variable speed blower motors. Various features of selected Goodman air handlers are:
Goodman Air Handler Features
- Humidity control on select Goodman air handlers with variable speed blower motors
- Performance is certified by the Air Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI)
- 10-year limited parts warranty on select Goodman air handlers
- Direct drive blowers
Goodman Condensing Units
Goodman Condensing Units Reviews - Goodman condensing units are available with R-410A refrigerant and manufactured for both residential and light commercial HVAC applications.
Goodman heat pump condensing units are available with an efficiency range of up to 19 SEER. Goodman air conditioner condensing units are available in efficiency ranges from 13 SEER to 19 SEER and are equipped with various selected features:
Goodman Condensing Unit Features
- Selected Goodman condensers available with two-stage scroll compressors
- Selected Goodman condensers have advanced diagnostic features. This aids technician air conditioner troubleshooting.
- Louvered coil guard in selected Goodman condensers
- Selected Goodman condensers are Energy Star rated
- Selected Goodman condensers engineered for quiet operation
Goodman’s Top Rated Air Conditioning System
Goodman has a top-rated air conditioner system that tops out at a 19 SEER efficiency rating. The compressor in the GSXC18 comes with a lifetime limited warranty. The compressor is a scroll two-stage compressor that aids in the 19 SEER efficiency rating. Additionally, it comes with ComfortBridge™ technology. ComfortBridge uses advanced software to control your Goodman air conditioner. The added control from ComfortBridge gives it additional efficiency. That saves you energy without affecting comfort. It also works with any type of thermostat so no special thermostat is needed.
Goodman Air Conditioner Model Comparison Chart
|Goodman Air Conditioner Model Comparison Chart
|Energy Star Rated
|Up to 19 SEER Performance
|Up to 17 SEER
|Up to 16 SEER
|Up to 15 SEER
|Up to 14 SEER
Goodman Air Conditioner Reviews | Consumer Ratings - Questions for Salesman/Dealer:
- Does Goodman offer extended parts and labor warranty? Most standard warranties do not include labor even for the lifetime warranty on some of their compressors. Some extended warranties include labor and other things you could be charged for such as refrigerant recovery/disposal fee and other such charges.
- Do you offer dealer training for technicians?
Air Conditioner Pricing, Efficiency, and Return On Investment Factors
|Pricing Versus Efficiency Return On Investment
|Pricing Range for Initial Purchase and Subsequent Repairs outside of Warranty
|ROI (Return On Investment)
|19 SEER Plus
|5 to 7 years depending on efficiency*
|15 to 18 SEER
|7 to 10 years depending on efficiency*
|13 to 14 SEER
|Over 10 years*
|*Many factors depend on ROI such as house insulation, personal usage preferences, duct work integrity, and other basic efficiency factors. SEER level efficiency is very important to ROI. The higher the SEER, the quicker the return.
Goodman was founded in 1954 by HVAC Contractor Harold Goodman in Houston, Texas. Goodman started making flexible air ducts and plastic blade registers and later started manufacturing operations to include HVAC equipment including air conditioners. One of Goodman’s philosophies is to build HVAC equipment that has high quality at a low cost.
5 Ton 16 Seer Goodman Air Conditioning System - GSX160601 - AVPTC60D14
You can visit another article we have that compares Goodman Air Conditioners to Rheem Air Conditioners.
For information on Goodman and their latest models and efficiency ratings, please visit the Goodman website.
Goodman Air Conditioner Reviews | Consumer Ratings