Amana Air Conditioner Reviews - Consumer Ratings, a technical reviews for buyers of Amana air conditioners. They offer a full line of air conditioning units including a light commercial line of Amana air conditioners. Amana air conditioners can also come in package systems and configured as a heat pump package unit or air conditioning with gas furnace package system. Efficiency of the Amana line of air conditioners range from 13 up to 24.5 SEER for the Amana high-efficiency model air conditioning systems.
Amana Air Conditioner Reviews - Consumer Ratings
Leaving a review does not require a login. However, reviews are moderated to weed out spammers. We just upgraded the software to a better reviews software and are working on a way to migrate the old comments and reviews to an archive page. See below for a link to the archive page to read more about Amana Air Conditioners from consumers. Review your HVAC equipment today.
Amana Air Conditioner Reviews - Products Produced
Amana produces residential and light commercial HVAC equipment ranging from 1.5 to 5 tons. They have a well-developed dealer network across the USA offering Air Conditioners, Heat Pumps, Gas Furnaces, and other HVAC equipment through their dealer network.
Technical Opinion as Compared to Other Brands
- Amana Warranties 96% 96%
- Amana Quality 95% 95%
- Consumer Opinion based on Field Experience 85% 85%
- Amana Efficiency Compared to Other Brands 99% 99%
- Overall Amana Opinion from a Technical Perspective 95% 95%
Amana Air Conditioner Reviews | Select Features:
- Two-stage high efficiency scroll compressors in selected Amana air conditioner models
- R-410A refrigerant in selected Amana air conditioning models
- high and low refrigeration pressure switches for the refrigeration circuit
- Blanket over the compressor to absorb sound
- Durable tough cabinets that protect the coils from damage
- Performance certified by AHRI in selected Amana air conditioners
- Energy Star rated on selected Amana air conditioners
- Warranties that cover up to 10 years with selected Amana air conditioners
Amana Top SEER
Air Conditioner Pricing, Efficiency, and Return On Investment Factors
|Pricing Versus Efficiency Return On Investment|
|Efficiency||Pricing Range for Initial Purchase and Subsequent Repairs outside of Warranty||ROI (Return On Investment)|
|19 SEER Plus||$$$$$||5 to 7 years depending on efficiency*|
|15 to 18 SEER||$$$||7 to 10 years depending on efficiency*|
|13 to 14 SEER||$||Over 10 years*|
|*Many factors depend on ROI such as house insulation, personal usage preferences, duct work integrity, and other basic efficiency factors. SEER level efficiency is very important to ROI. The higher the SEER, the quicker the return.|
Additionally, it is important with many manufacturers that you purchase a matched system. In other words, an Amana air handler with a matching condensing unit. If you have gas heat then the gas furnace needs to be matched with the condensing unit. This gives you the most out of the system and the ability to achieve the highest efficiency.
Amana Air Conditioner Reviews - Consumer Ratings | Questions for the Salesman/Dealer:
- If you are purchasing the communicating system does it come with the ability to change the thermostat with a conventional thermostat? The purpose of this is that most communicating systems come with a proprietary thermostat that you will have to buy from the dealer. What if the thermostat went bad on a Friday. Will you have to wait until Monday to get it fixed whereas if you had the conventional thermostat you can pick one up at the hardware store and be in business again in a few hours.
- Does Amana offer and extended parts and labor warranty? Parts warranties are standard but parts and labor warranty is a big bonus even if it cost you a few dollars to purchase one. If you are buying the top of the line Amana air conditioner the extended warranty is what you want if one is available.
Amana Air Conditioner Reviews - Consumer Ratings | Model Comparison Matrix
Amana Air Conditioner Model Comparison Matrix
|Amana Air Conditioner Model Comparison Matrix|
|Top of the Line Model||Mid-Grade Model||Economy Model|
|Communications compatible for diagnostics and remote control and monitoring||Communications compatible for diagnostics and remote control and monitoring||Standard control upgradable to remote monitoring and control with third party control thermostat|
|Variable Speed Compressor||Two-stage compressor||Single stage scroll compressor|
|Variable speed condenser fan motor||Two-speed condenser fan motor||Single speed condenser fan motor|
|Advanced diagnostics||Advanced diagnostics by Copeland||Advanced diagnostics by Copeland|
|R410A refrigerant||R410A refrigerant||R410A refrigerant|
|Copper condenser coils||Copper condenser coils||Copper condenser coils|
|Sound blankets and engineered for quiet operation||Sound blankets and engineered for quiet operation||Sound blankets and engineered for quiet operation|
|Heavy steel enclosure to protect condenser coils||Heavy steel enclosure to protect condenser coils||Heavy steel enclosure to protect condenser coils|
|Energy Star Rated||not listed||not listed|
|Extended service plans available||Extended service plans available||Extended service plans available|
|Lifetime Unit Replacement Limited Warranty||Lifetime Unit Replacement Limited Warranty||Lifetime Unit Replacement Limited Warranty|
|10 year parts limitied warranty||10 year parts limitied warranty||10 year parts limitied warranty|
Amana Air Handlers
Amana offers air handlers for many different combinations of air conditioner and heat pump you may want to match an Amana air handler with in a split system. From the smallest residential air handler to light commercial air handlers Amana has a range of air handler or fan coil that will fit your needs and match that heat pump condenser or air conditioner condenser.
Amana has a top of the line model that can be configured for communication between the condensing unit and the thermostat. Manufacturers claim that this communication feature enhances comfort, efficiency, and lessens any troubleshooting time an HVAC Technician may need to make a repair to the system. The components have diagnostic features that are communicated to the thermostat in the event of a problem or an issue. This feature can also be used to alert the homeowner that it is time for maintenance or time to change the filter.
Amana Air Handler Features
Various features of selected Amana air handlers:
- R-410A used in Amana air handlers
- Multi-position air handlers available for selected Amana air handlers
- Selected Amana air handlers have variable speed motors for the blower
- Selected Amana air handlers have 10 parts warranty on functional parts
- Amana air handlers are durable and built with quality
Amana Condensing Units
Amana offers condensing units for both split system air conditioners and split system heat pumps. The SEER ratings for Amana condensing units range from a bare bones of 13 SEER to the 24.5 SEER Amana condensing unit. Amana condensing units are also available in
either R-22 or R-410 systems. Various features of selected Amana condensing units include:
- High efficiency scroll compressors in select Amana condensing units
- Compressor sound blankets in select Amana condensing units
- Select Amana condensing units have a top that is engineered to be quiet
- Select Amana condensing units are Energy Star rated
- Amana condensing units are certified by AHRI
Amana Condensing Units Reviews - Professional Opinion
Amana has come a long way since they first began offering HVAC equipment several years ago. Goodman owns the HVAC line of Amana products so a lot of Goodman’s engineering methods go into the Amana condensing units and most of their HVAC equipment. They a very good dealer network so parts are usually close when something goes wrong and you need a repair. Amana also, at most of the dealers I have dealt with, have training programs for their technicians to hone their skills on HVAC systems and the Amana line of HVAC products. I have also heard great things about their technical support people that will actually visit the technician in the field to resolve technical problems as necessary.
Again, with all of my opinions I always stress the importance of installation over brand name. It is very important to have the system installed correctly and maintained on a regular schedule.
Amana Air Conditioner Reviews - Consumer Ratings | History
Amana was founded in 1934 in Amana, Iowa by George Foerstner making beverage coolers. They started making walk-in coolers for grocery stores and restaurants and continued on making these units until after WW II when they came out with the innovative Radarange which was the first portable counter-top microwave oven. Later Amana was acquired by Maytag and now produces HVAC equipment under license from Goodman Manufacturing out of Houston, Texas.
For more information about Amana and their latest models and efficiency ratings please visit the Amana website.
Amana Air Conditioner Reviews - Consumer Ratings