American Standard Air Conditioner Reviews - Consumer Ratings - American Standard manufacturers air conditioners and other HVAC equipment mainly for residential but American Standard also make light commercial HVAC equipment. Their air conditioners range in efficiency level from 14 SEER to 22 SEER giving the American Standard air conditioner one of the highest efficiency ratings in the HVAC industry for air conditioners.
American Standard air conditioners also come in a variety of configurations. From the standard split system air conditioner to the package unit air conditioner. They have either gas heat or the heat pump configuration. Some features of various American Standard air conditioners are:
American Standard Air Conditioner Reviews - Consumer Ratings | Select Features
- American Standard air conditioner top-of-the-line model has the ability to communicate to the homeowner or technician if there is a problem or if a setting needs to be changed remotely.
- Two compressors provide two-stage cooling for the high-efficiency models
- Energy star rating for select American Standard air conditioner models
- American Standard Warranties as Compared to Other Brands 92% 92%
- American Standard Quality as Compared to Other Brands 95% 95%
- Consumer Opinion based on Field Experience 84% 84%
- American Standard Efficiency Compared to Other Brands 93% 93%
- Overall American Standard Opinion from a Technical Perspective 85% 85%
American Standard Air Conditioners Top SEER
Always remember to register the warranty as soon as possible after the installation is completed by the contractor.
American Standard Air Handlers
American Standard Air Conditioner Reviews - Air Handling Units
American Standard manufactures several different combinations of air handlers to fit most configurations for residential and light commercial HVAC use. Combinations include up flow, downflow, horizontal flow, and a lowboy for tight spaces and can be matched with most heat pump and air conditioner condensers. American Standard also manufacturers an air handler that has variable speed capability for high-efficiency applications.
American Standards line of air handlers can be sized from 2 to 5 tons for residential to light commercial applications. When you see an HVAC manufacturer mention humidity control for an air handler it likely means for the cooling mode only and to make that statement the air handler needs to have a variable speed ECM blower motor and have the proper control set up to control humidity.
To control humidity in the winter when the unit is likely operating in the heating mode you need a humidifier to add moisture to the air. Maintaining proper humidity levels is not only good for your home but also for your health.
American Standard Air Handler Features
American Standard Air Conditioner Reviews
Selected features of various American Standard air handlers include:
- Multi-speed or variable-speed blowers in select American Standard air handlers
- Easy access for the filter to make changing the filtering easy in select American Standard air handlers
- Large coil surface area for better efficiency in select American Standard air handlers
- Insulated cabinets in American Standard air handlers
- Energy Star rating in select American Standard air handlers
- Humidity control in selected American Standard air handlers with variable speed
American Standard Condensing Units Reviews - Features
American Standard Air Conditioner Reviews - Condensers
American Standard condensing units have efficiency ranges from 14 SEER all up to 22 SEER. This makes American Standard condensing units one of the highest efficient condensing units made in the HVAC industry. American Standard condensing units come as either split system heat pumps or split system air conditioners. Various features of selected American Standard condensing units:
- Select American Standard condensing units are Energy Star rated
- Condensing units have two-stage compressors in select systems
- American Standard condensing units are engineered for quiet operation
- Condensing units utilize spine fin coils
- American Standard condensing units utilize R-410A refrigerant
American Standard Condensing Units - Professional Opinion
American Standard makes good HVAC equipment so as long as it is installed properly by a competent HVAC contractor. If so, you shouldn’t have too much to worry about. It is also good to have regular maintenance performed on any type of HVAC equipment as things tend to wear out over time. American Standard and Trane share the same type of engineering that goes into their equipment.
Many proprietary parts are interchangeable so if a problem occurs and the American Standard dealer does not have the part then it is possible for them to get the part from a Trane dealer. That really doesn’t matter so much these days because of express shipping where you can get a part the next day. Except when the temperatures are extreme some people, for health reasons, need the equipment repaired the same day.
Additional Features | American Standard Air Conditioner Reviews
- Select American Standard air conditioners use variable-speed motors in the indoor unit and the outdoor unit
- Spine fin coils for most American Standard condensing unit coils
- Durable and rugged cabinet protects the coils for long life
Questions for the Salesman:
- Is multi-staged cooling modulating? How many stages? Please explain?
- Does American Standard offer extended parts and labor warranty? If you are purchasing a top of line model then I would want this………….notice I said parts and LABOR. These top-of-the-line units have bells and whistles and can be challenging to troubleshoot even for the best technicians.
|American Standard Air Conditioner Model Comparison|
|AccuComfort Platinum Series (Premium Model)||Gold Series (Mid-Range Model)||Silver Series (Economy Model)|
|Up to 22 SEER||Up to 18 SEER Performance||14.75 to 17 SEER Performance|
|12 Year Limited Warranty on Compressor with registration. 10-year limited parts and outdoor coil||10-Year Parts Limited Warranty*||10-Year Parts, Coil, and Compressor Limited Warranty*|
|Variable-speed condenser fan motor||Single-speed fan motor||Single-speed condenser fan motor|
|Duration variable speed compressor||Two-stage cooling compressor operation||Single-stage compressor operation|
|Heavy-duty steel louvered panels with appliance-grade finish||Heavy-duty steel louvered panels with appliance-grade finish||Heavy-duty steel louvered panels with appliance-grade finish|
|AccuLink communicating control board||Conventional Controls with optional communicating system||Conventional Controls with optional communicating system|
|Select sizes meet ENERGY STAR Air Conditioner qualifications||Meets ENERGY STAR Air Conditioner qualifications in select models||N/A|
|Spine Fin coil||Spine Fin coil||Spine Fin coil|
|No data available for refrigeration pressure switches||No data available for refrigeration pressure switches||No data available for refrigeration pressure switches|
American Standard offers industry-standard warranties with the option to purchase extended parts and labor warranties with a new purchase of a new system. Always read the warranties so you understand exactly what you are getting. Most people do not read the warranty and are surprised when something happens. Industry-standard warranties typically only cover parts and NOT labor.
When a system within the warranty breaks down the homeowner is surprised when they have to pay a bill for labor. We highly recommend the parts and labor warranty especially for those purchasing the higher SEER rated equipment. These systems are more complex than the builder’s grade models. They also typically require a highly skilled technician to troubleshoot and repair.
American Standard Air Conditioner Reviews | Consumer Ratings - About
American became Tappan Air Conditioning division in 1972. American-Standard purchased the Trane Company in 1984. Their name revived in 1988. American Standard is based out of Tyler, Texas and they produce air conditioning and heating equipment along with other products for the home. In 2008 American Standard was acquired by Ingersoll-Rand along with American Standards sister company Trane.
Air Conditioner Pricing, Efficiency, and Return On Investment Factors
|Pricing Versus Efficiency Return On Investment|
|Efficiency||Pricing Range for Initial Purchase and Subsequent Repairs outside of Warranty||ROI (Return On Investment)|
|19 SEER Plus||$$$$$||5 to 7 years depending on efficiency*|
|15 to 18 SEER||$$$||7 to 10 years depending on efficiency*|
|13 to 14 SEER||$||Over 10 years*|
|*Many factors depend on ROI such as house insulation, personal usage preferences, duct work integrity, and other basic efficiency factors. SEER level efficiency is very important to ROI. The higher the SEER, the quicker the return.|
For more information on American Standard and their latest models and efficiency ratings visit the American Standard website.
Leaving a review does not require a login. However, reviews are moderated to weed out spammers. Review your HVAC equipment today.
More American Standard Reviews
American Standard Air Conditioner Reviews