Heil Air Conditioner Reviews - Consumer Ratings | Select Features
- Two-stage scroll compressor in selected Heil air conditioners
- Sound blankets reduces noise levels of compressor in Heil air conditioners
- Powder-coated galvanized steel cabinet assures long lasting durability for Heil air conditioner condensers
- 7 mm copper tubing with aluminum fin coils work to save energy in Heil air conditioners
- Two-speed fan motor in the condenser for selected Heil air conditioners
- Selected Heil air conditioners are Energy Star rated
- Heil Warranties as Compared to Other Brands 90% 90%
- Heil Quality as Compared to Other Brands 90% 90%
- Consumer Opinion based on Field Experience 98% 98%
- Heil Efficiency Compared to Other Brands 89% 89%
- Overall Heil Opinion from a Technical Perspective 90% 90%
Top Model SEER Rating
Heil Air Handlers | Heil Air Conditioner Reviews
Heil Air Handlers - Heil air handlers are available in multi-position from up-flow to down-flow, to horizontal flow models for residential and light commercial applications. Heil air handlers are compatible with the Observer communicating system.
This communicating system allows the condenser and the air handler to communicate via a special thermostat. This means if you select this system you will not get the conventional type of thermostat but rather a proprietary communicating thermostat that uses two wires to communicate digitally to each piece of equipment on the communication trunk.
If it was me I would want the contractor to install the regular thermostat wire along with the new two wires for the communication between the equipment. Having the contractor install the traditional thermostat wire with the newer wire allows me the option in the future to easily switch back to the legacy type of thermostat which you purchase off the shelf at most hardware stores or online.
I’m not saying that anything is wrong with the new type of communicating system that only uses two wires, I’m just saying I want the option to switch to a conventional thermostat in the future just in case.
Heil Air Handler Features
Various features of selected Heil air handlers include:
- Heil air handler coils utilize R-410A
- Heil air handlers engineered for quiet operation
- Variable speed motors in selected Heil air handlers
- Heavy gauge triple painted galvanized steel for durability in Heil air handlers
- 10-year limited parts warranty in selected Heil air handlers
Heil Condensing Units
Heil Condensing Units - Heil condensers are available for air conditioner and heat pump systems and available with R-22 for the lower range SEER condensers and with R-410A in the high range SEER equipment 14 SEER and above. Heil condensers are manufactured for residential and light commercial applications and range in efficiency from 13 SEER to 19 SEER. Selected features of various Heil condensing units include:
Condensing Unit Features
- Two-speed condenser fan in selected Heil condensing units
- Two-stage compressors in selected Heil condensing units
- Selected Heil condensers are Energy Star rated
- Advanced diagnostic features in selected Heil condensing units
- Selected Heil condensing units engineered for quiet operation
Heil has some proprietary features to some of their equipment which means if these things are installed on your unit you must rely on a Heil dealer for repair and replacement of those particular parts. That is opposed to being able to call any HVAC contractor to make the repair with stock parts. In other words, it takes options from you when your system needs repair or maintenance. Many manufacturers are doing this in order to help their bottom.
Heil has changed hands many times since its inception but is now owned by United Technologies which is the same parent company that owns Carrier and Bryant.
Heil Condensing Units - Professional Opinion
Heil has a good dealer network to help you with sales, installation, and service of their equipment. In addition to condensers, Heil also offers other HVAC systems to match their condensing units along with gas furnaces, oil furnaces, air handlers, package units, geothermal systems, and other HVAC systems for residential and light commercial systems.
The best decision you can make is to select a qualified HVAC installation and service contractor to install your new system. Studies done by the Department of Energy show that proper installation can dramatically increase the efficiency and longevity of the equipment.
Questions for the Salesman/Dealer | Heil Air Conditioner Reviews
- Can I use a regular thermostat or do I need to use a Heil thermostat for the communicating type of air conditioner they offer? The purpose of this question is that the thermostat appears to be proprietary. So if the thermostat goes bad on a Friday you may have to wait until Monday to get a new one. You can just go down to the hardware store and buy a new one and install it yourself. You have to go to the dealer for that and you will likely have to pay a service call even if it is under warranty.
- Do you offer extended parts and labor warranty? Labor is typically never included in the standard warranty and labor is not cheap.
See our HVAC Buyers Guide for more information and helpful advice about purchasing HVAC equipment.
Heil has changed hands many time times since its inception but is now owned by United Technologies which is the same parent company that owns Carrier and Bryant.
For more information on Heil and their latest models and efficiency, ratings visit the Heil website.
Heil Air Conditioner Reviews - Consumer Ratings