Maytag Air Conditioner Reviews | Consumer Ratings - Maytag list their top of the line air conditioner as 25.5 SEER with AHRI now certifying the results of their claim. It is believable watching their marketing video for their IQ drive system which uses inverter technology. However, much about HVAC forced air systems require top of the line installers installing the equipment exactly as designed. After dissecting everything and reading all the information I could find on inverter technology it really is a variable frequency drive which is used in commercial air conditioning and heating systems. Inverter technology changes the frequency of the electricity going to the electric motor. In this case, the electric motor is an electric motor in the compressor which is a rotary compressor.
Maytag Air Conditioner Reviews Features
Some features of air conditioner systems are:
- Rotary compressors are very quiet. You will find rotary compressors in selected Maytag air conditioners
- Other features of their air conditioners are engineered to ensure the system is quiet like a sound blanket and muffler on selected Maytag air conditioners
- Maytag Warranties as Compared to Other Brands 96%
- Maytag Quality as Compared to Other Brands 89%
- Consumer Opinion based on Field Experience 86%
- Maytag Efficiency Compared to Other Brands 99%
- Overall Maytag Opinion from a Technical Perspective 91%
Top Model SEER Rating
- Dehumidification control features on selected air conditioner systems
- Energy Star rated on selected air conditioners
- Engineered for quiet operation down to 59 decibels
- Select units offer IQ Drive system for optimal efficiency and control
- They offer a great warranty that typically exceeds other HVAC manufacturer’s warranties.
Maytag Air Conditioner Reviews | Consumer Ratings - Inverter Technology
Inverter technology has been used and perfected in Japan in the mini-split units that are commonly used in Japan. It is clear that the mini-split air conditioner and heat pump units are efficient and reliable however they have not made it clear about the efficiency levels of their listed high-efficiency equipment. There are so many variables involved in determining efficiency it can almost be assured that the 25.5 SEER level they came up with on these units was done in a lab under special conditions which these special conditions can hardly be expected to be seen outside the lab.
Maytag began in 1893 as a farm implement manufacturer and later moved into making washing machines which they are famous for when in 1907 Fred Maytag decided to make washing machines. In 1970’s the Maytag man came on television commercials and in 1974 introduced their very first automatic washing machine. They now make many different appliances including air conditioning and heating systems.
For more information on Maytag and their latest models and efficiency ratings visit the Maytag website.
Maytag Air Conditioner Reviews | Consumer Ratings
Air Conditioner Breaker Trips | Air Conditioner Condensation Water Dripping – Condensate Leaks | Air Conditioning Blower Motor Repair | Air Conditioner Troubleshooting | HVAC Refrigerant Leaks | Fixing a Refrigerant Leak | Air Conditioner Compressor Troubleshooting | Variable Speed ECM Blower Motors | Carrier Gas Furnace Reviews | Burnham Boiler Reviews | Lennox Heat Pump Reviews | Building Automation Systems | Daikin Air Conditioner Reviews | Carrier Gas Furnace Reviews | HVAC Triple Evacuation | Variable Speed ECM Condenser Fan Motors | Run Start Capacitors HVAC Motors | Ohms Law and HVAC | Heat Pump Troubleshooting | Fuel-Gas Code Overview | How To Fix Sweating Copper Pipes | Humidifiers and Comfort | Boiler Circulation Problems