American Standard Package Unit Reviews | Consumer Ratings - American Standard package units come in all available combinations from hybrid heat pumps with gas heat for the backup heat, to air conditioners with electric heat or gas heat, to straight heat pump package units or straight air conditioner systems.
American Standard Package Unit Reviews | Consumer Ratings
American Standard package units come in a variety of configurations as described above. The typical sizes come in a range of 2 to 5 tons for most package units however always check with the dealer to ensure a specific size is available for your needs. Additionally, to comply with the warranty it is important that a certified HVAC contractor install the new system in compliance with best installation practices and all mechanical and electrical codes both local and national.
American Standard Package Unit Reviews | Consumer Ratings - Features
Various features of selected American Standard package units include:
- Stylish reinforced steel cabinet in American Standard package units
- Two-stage Scroll compressors for higher efficiency and two-stage heating and cooling for heat pumps and air conditioners
- Select American Standard package units to have humidity control for maintaining proper humidity levels in the home year-round which is good for your health. For this feature, you may be required to purchase a whole-house humidifier.
- Select American Standard package units are Energy Star rated
- Select American Standard package units available with variable speed ECM blower motors
- American Standard Warranties as Compared to Other Brands 92% 92%
- American Standard Quality as Compared to Other Brands 95% 95%
- Consumer Opinion based on Field Experience 84% 84%
- American Standard Efficiency Compared to Other Brands 93% 93%
- Overall American Standard Opinion from a Technical Perspective 85% 85%
American Standard Package Unit Top SEER Rating
For more information on finding a good contractor and buying new HVAC equipment see our HVAC Equipment Buyers Guide for more details.
American Standard became the Tappan Air Conditioning division in 1972. American Standard purchased the Trane Company in 1984. American-Standards name revived in 1988. American Standard is based out of Tyler, Texas and they produce air conditioning and heating equipment along with other products for the home. In 2008 American Standard was acquired by Ingersoll-Rand along with American Standards sister company Trane.