Rheem Air Conditioner Reviews - Consumer Ratings - Rheem offers several economical air conditioning systems from 13 SEER to 20 SEER for residential and light commercial. Rheem air conditioners come in the Prestige series air conditioner or the Classic series air conditioner and features of various Rheem air conditioners include: (more…)
Goodman versus Rheem Air Conditioners - The first thing we need to do when comparing a Rheem to a Goodman air conditioning systems is to make sure we are comparing similar models with similar features. Each HVAC manufacturer makes various models from a builder’s grade unit which is usually the HVAC manufacturer’s cheapest model all the way up to the unit that has bells and whistles and some of these have bells and whistles for the bells and whistles. You simply want to make sure you are comparing apples to apples and not an apple to an orange. (more…)
- Brief description of air conditioner condenser electrical components
- Code requirements for the condensing unit feeder circuit, fuse box, and wire running to the condenser
- Wiring inside the condenser
- Description of various electrical components inside the condenser
- Lots of resource and related links to help you learn more.
Common Air Handler Problems. Everyone loves to be comfortable so when there is a problem with the HVAC system we can become very uncomfortable. The air handler in the HVAC system has electrical and mechanical components in it that can experience problems from time to time. Some of the most common problems with air handlers can help you identify the problem and possibly fix the issue. Although some of the issues listed will need the attention of a professional HVAC technician to make the repair to the air handler. After all, an HVAC technician will have all the tools and likely the parts available to make a fast and efficient repair. Furthermore, since every air handler is different it is possible the problems described here do not apply to your situation.
- A question from one our readers - What are refrigeration pressure switches and how pressure switches protect the refrigeration circuit.
- All about high-pressure refrigeration switches
- All about low-pressure refrigeration switches
- Benefits of refrigeration pressure switches
- Refrigeration Pressure Switch Settings
- Refrigeration Pressure Switch Wiring Diagram
- Lots of related links to help you learn more
Richard - What are pressure switches used for in refrigeration circuits and how do pressure switches protect the system from further damage? (more…)
Variable Speed ECM Condenser Fan Motors are used in condensers for the high efficient models so that the fan speed for the condenser can be modulated according to the load of the system. The ECM variable speed fan motors are used in condensers that have a modulating compressor. They are also used in condensers that have two compressors or a two-stage compressor. The ECM motor adds to the efficiency of the system by modulating the condenser fan motor. The speed matches the compressor that runs based on demand. (more…)
Variable Speed ECM Blower Motors – Variable speed blower motors have become increasingly popular in residential air conditioning and heating systems and for good reason; these motors increase the efficiency of the systems and offer a whole range of other benefits that help the system and the consumer. Furthermore, comfort is enhanced using ECM blower motors along with noise reduction.
We have many other related articles. Please use the search feature to the right to help you find other related articles.
- Specific description of a motors job along with some technical details
- Air Conditioner & heat pump fan motor operation
- Fan motor troubleshooting basics
- Condensing unit fan motor repair warning and disclaimer - Turn the power off before working on the fan
- Replacing or repairing the motor
- Why you should replace the capacitor when you replace the motor
- Conclusion along with lots of resource and related links so you can take a closer look and learn more.
Gas Furnace Components 3 - Gas furnace ignition controls vary from furnace manufacturer to furnace manufacturer. Some are proprietary and some are from an engineering company which specializes in gas furnace ignition controls. Honeywell being a major manufacturer of controls for HVAC also makes several gas furnace ignition controls. Gas furnace ignition controls have advanced by leaps and bounds over the last 20 years. The standard was standing pilot ignition. Solid state ignition controls are safer and more efficient than ignition controls of yesteryear.
- What thermostat wire color is likely to go to which terminal on the thermostat.
- Basic electrical safety and standards for wiring color
- The function of each wire terminal on the average thermostat. Additionally highlighting some of the differences in those functions from manufacturer to manufacturer.
Sometimes the thermostat is not the problem. Therefore please check this article for a checklist of things to check before calling a heating and cooling repair service.