AO Smith Conservationist Water Heater Reviews - Features
Here are the features listed for the AO Smith Conservationist water heater listed in the AO Smith literature found on their website:
- Highest energy factors - listed are energy factors of .63 and .62 for the 40 gallons and the 50 gallons respectively. AO Smith adds a 2″ thick CFC-free foam insulation which prevents heat loss from the tank which holds the heat in longer for less burner operation to heat the water to the thermostat setting. External heat traps and a specially designed combustion chamber also helps the efficiency of this AO Smith water heater.
- Blue Diamond Glass coating - the Blue Diamond glass coating prevents corrosion which protects the tanks and gives it durable operation over the life of the water heater.
- AO Smith offers an automatic sediment-cleaning system to automatically flush sediments from the tank. This reduces lime and sediment buildup which reduces heat exchange for good hot water output. Sediment and lime also reduces the life of the tank.
- AO Smiths exclusive magnesium anode with a stainless steel core protects against corrosion longer than industry standard ordinary steel anodes.
- The AO Smith gas burner uses green technology to reduce NOx emissions up to 33%.
- This AO Smith water heater uses a Piezo lighter for lighting the pilot light. No more matches or lighter to light the pilot light.
- A brass drain valve versus other manufacturers who use plastic drain valves.
- A factory installed temperature and pressure relief valve.
- Complies with the following codes: UBC, CEC, SBCC, CABO, HUD, BOCA National codes and ASHRAE/IES 90.1-1999 and 2004 NAECA.
- Complies with ANSI standards that relate to storage type water heaters.
- A 10-year limited tank and parts warranty.
- As mentioned before it has a flammable vapor ignition resistant burner.
AO Smith Conservationist Water Heater Reviews - Availability
The AO Smith Conservationist can be purchased from your local plumbing contractor and is available in some retail locations. It may also be purchased online. High Performance HVAC gives this water heater a rating of 7 out of 10 stars. It is an economical choice for a water but it does not come with electronic ignition. It still uses pilot technology to light the main burner and this is old technology that is slowly being replaced by electronic ignition. If the AO Smith Conservationist water heater came with electronic ignition it would rate a little higher on the scale.
AO Smith Conservationist Water Heater Reviews
AO Smith Water Heater Reviews - AO Smith manufacturers hot water heaters for residential and commercial use including manufacturing commercial boilers. AO Smith offers commercial hot water heaters that use oil, gas, or electricity to heat the water, and AO Smith residential water heaters use gas or electric to heat the water in the AO Smith hot water heater line up.
Some AO Smith hot water heaters qualify for the Energy Star efficiency ratings and qualify for tax credits. Capacities for AO Smith water heaters range from 2.5 gallons for point of use specialty water heaters to 120 gallons for storage tank water heaters. Some features for selected AO Smith hot water heaters are: (more…)
Bradford White Water Heater Reviews - Bradford White produces hot waters heater for both commercial and residential hot water heating applications and Bradford White hot water heaters come in a variety of capacities. Bradford White hot water heater model line-ups come in gas-fired water heaters, electric water heaters, oil-fired water heaters, solar water heaters, indirect water heaters, and hot water storage tanks. Various features of selected Bradford White hot water heaters include: (more…)
GE Hybrid Water Heater Reviews - General Electric has discontinued almost their entire line of water heaters except for their hybrid heat pump water heater. General Electric calls it the Geospring Hybrid Electric Water Heater and uses either electric heating elements and/or a built-in heat pump to produce hot water.
Depending on the mode it is set for will depend on whether it uses the heat pump or the electric heating elements to make the hot water with the heat pump mode being the most efficient using less energy than the heating elements. For extra capacity during peak demands, it can be set to use both to keep up with demand. Some features of the GE Geospring water heater include: (more…)
GE has seemingly discontinued its lines of most water heaters except the heat pump water heater. Please see our other review of the GE heat pump water heater. You can browse new water heaters and water heater prices here.
General Electric Water Heater Reviews - General Electric produces hot water heaters with capacities from 2.5 gallons to 80 gallons for residential and light commercial hot water heater applications. General Electric hot water heaters come in gas-fired and electric hot water heater models. Selected features of various General Electric hot water heaters are: (more…)
Kenmore Water Heater Reviews – Kenmore offers hot water heaters in gas or electric hot water heater models for commercial and residential applications. Capacities for Kenmore hot water heaters vary but are available in most sizes to fit with the residential or commercial hot water heating markets. Various features of selected Kenmore hot water heaters are: (more…)
Marathon Water Heater Reviews - Marathon offers premium electric hot water heaters for residential and light commercial applications. Marathon hot water heater tank capacities range from 15 gallons to 105 gallons making Marathon hot water heaters ideal for residential and light commercial applications. Various features of selected Marathon hot water heaters are: (more…)
Reliance Water Heater Reviews - Reliance Water Heaters produces gas and electric hot water heaters for residential and light commercial hot water heating applications. Selected Reliance hot water heaters are glass-lined and/or galvanized tanks. Various features of selected Reliance hot water heaters are: (more…)
Rheem Water Heater Reviews - Rheem offers hot water heaters that are gas-fired, electric, tankless hot water heaters, indirect water heaters, and solar water heaters in various capacities for residential and commercial hot water heating application. Some of their hot water heaters qualify for tax incentive programs for energy-efficient water heaters. Various features of selected Rheem hot water heaters are: (more…)