AO Smith Conservationist Water Heater Reviews - Features
Here are the features listed for the AO Smith Conservationist water heater listed in the AO Smith literature found on their website:
- Highest energy factors - listed are energy factors of .63 and .62 for the 40 gallons and the 50 gallons respectively. AO Smith adds a 2″ thick CFC-free foam insulation which prevents heat loss from the tank which holds the heat in longer for less burner operation to heat the water to the thermostat setting. External heat traps and a specially designed combustion chamber also helps the efficiency of this AO Smith water heater.
- Blue Diamond Glass coating - the Blue Diamond glass coating prevents corrosion which protects the tanks and gives it durable operation over the life of the water heater.
- AO Smith offers an automatic sediment-cleaning system to automatically flush sediments from the tank. This reduces lime and sediment buildup which reduces heat exchange for good hot water output. Sediment and lime also reduces the life of the tank.
- AO Smiths exclusive magnesium anode with a stainless steel core protects against corrosion longer than industry standard ordinary steel anodes.
- The AO Smith gas burner uses green technology to reduce NOx emissions up to 33%.
- This AO Smith water heater uses a Piezo lighter for lighting the pilot light. No more matches or lighter to light the pilot light.
- A brass drain valve versus other manufacturers who use plastic drain valves.
- A factory installed temperature and pressure relief valve.
- Complies with the following codes: UBC, CEC, SBCC, CABO, HUD, BOCA National codes and ASHRAE/IES 90.1-1999 and 2004 NAECA.
- Complies with ANSI standards that relate to storage type water heaters.
- A 10-year limited tank and parts warranty.
- As mentioned before it has a flammable vapor ignition resistant burner.
AO Smith Conservationist Water Heater Reviews - Availability
The AO Smith Conservationist can be purchased from your local plumbing contractor and is available in some retail locations. It may also be purchased online. High Performance HVAC gives this water heater a rating of 7 out of 10 stars. It is an economical choice for a water but it does not come with electronic ignition. It still uses pilot technology to light the main burner and this is old technology that is slowly being replaced by electronic ignition. If the AO Smith Conservationist water heater came with electronic ignition it would rate a little higher on the scale.
AO Smith Conservationist Water Heater Reviews