Table of Contents
Ruud Package Unit Reviews - Ruud package units can be purchased in many configurations including hybrid heat pumps with backup gas heat, air conditioners with gas heat also known as gas packs, air conditioner only with optional electric heat, and heat pump package units. Ruud package units are primarily used for residential and light commercial applications.
Ruud package units come in sizes ranging from 2 to 5 tons for residential to light commercial applications. Efficiency ratings vary from the air conditioners with electric heat, heat pump package units, and gas packs which are air conditioners with a gas furnace package unit.
Ruud Package Unit Reviews | Consumer Ratings - Features
Various features of Ruud package units include:
- Variable-speed blower motors on select Ruud package units
- Two-stage Scroll compressors on select Ruud package units
- Ruud package units are engineered for quiet operation
- Easily accessible blower compartment for easy maintenance on select Ruud package units
- Easily accessible control compartment for easy service on select Ruud package units
- Ruud Warranties as Compared to Other Brands 85% 85%
- Ruud Quality as Compared to Other Brands 89% 89%
- Consumer Opinion based on Field Experience 78% 78%
- Ruud Efficiency Compared to Other Brands 90% 90%
- Overall Ruud Opinion from a Technical Perspective 87% 87%
Ruud Package Top SEER Rating
Ruud Package Unit Reviews | Consumer Ratings - About Ruud
Ruud is the sister company of Rheem. Rheem Manufacturing Company was established in the 1920s by Richard and Donald Rheem when the two brothers bought a galvanizing plant in San Francisco, CA. In the ’40s and ’50s, Rheem expanded its core product line of water heaters to include air conditioning and heating equipment. Rheem has expanded and is now a global company with offices in Europe, Australia, Canada, Asia, and South America.
For more on Ruud and their latest models and efficiency ratings please see the Ruud website.
If you have a Ruud or Rheem system we would love to hear what you think about your system even if it is just a few years old. It helps others when they are making their decision to purchase new equipment.
Ruud Package Unit Reviews | Consumer Ratings
What is your opinion? Leave it below in the comments.