Trane Air Handler Reviews - Consumer Ratings - Trane air handlers can be configured for horizontal flow, up-flow, and down-flow applications for residential and light commercial applications. Trane also manufactures large air handlers for commercial application and we will review commercial air handlers in a future planned section for Commercial HVAC equipment. Various features of select air handlers include:
- Select air handlers available with variable speed blower motors
- Air handlers have good airtight construction
- Air handlers are easily retrofitted with an electronic air cleaner
- Air handlers have rust resistant drain pans
- Compact air handlers available for tight fitting installations
Trane air handler models begin at the top with the Hyperion XL and go to the builders grade air handlers which is the XB Trane air handler model without the bells and whistles. The Hyperion model has select features such as:
- double walled construction offers better insulation with less air handler cabinet heat-loss/gain. the double walled construction and front panels also eliminate air leaks from the air handler. Air leaks cost you energy dollars.
- ComfortLink™ II Communicating Capability - the feature is a state of the art extra that makes everything about the system proprietary. If the thermostat goes out then you have go to Trane to get a new thermostat. These thermostats are not available at your local hardware store but only through a Trane dealer. If you get this feature we recommend you purchase an extended parts and labor warranty if available.
Trane Air Handler Reviews - Consumer Ratings | History
In 1910 James Trane and his son Reuben began manufacturing a low-pressure heating system to heat homes. They have a long history of innovation dating back to its founder and his son including changing the concept of air conditioning for large buildings when in 1938 they introduced the Turbovac which was the HVAC industries first hermetic centrifugal refrigeration machine.
For more information on Trane and their latest models and efficiency ratings please see the Trane website.
Trane Air Handler Reviews - Consumer Ratings