Tempstar Air Conditioner Reviews | Consumer Ratings - Tempstar offers air conditioners with efficiency ratings from 13 SEER to 19 SEER. Tempstar air conditioners are mainly used for residential and light commercial applications and Tempstar air conditioners offer split system air conditioners, Tempstar package unit air conditioners and gas packs, and mini-split air conditioners. Various features of selected Tempstar air conditioners are:
Tempstar Air Conditioner Reviews | Consumer Ratings | Select Features
- Two-stage cooling in selected Tempstar air conditioners
- R-410A ozone friendly refrigerant in selected Tempstar air conditioners
- Rugged condenser cabinets offer durability in Tempstar air conditioners
- Scroll compressors in selected Tempstar air conditioners
- Engineered for quiet operation
- Energy Star rated air conditioner models available
- 10-year limited warranty on parts
- Tempstar Warranties as Compared to Other Brands 90%
- Tempstar Quality as Compared to Other Brands 90%
- Consumer Opinion based on Field Experience 81%
- Tempstar Efficiency Compared to Other Brands 88%
- Overall Tempstar Opinion from a Technical Perspective 91%
Top Model SEER Rating
Tempstar Air Conditioners | The Bells and Whistles
The top of the line Observer TXT has the ability to communicate with other parts of the split system using Tempstar’s SmartComfort TXT communicating system. This is only available if paired with an indoor air handling unit with the same capabilities. In other words, you need to match the indoor unit with the outdoor for optimal efficiency and the ability for the system to communicate. Tempstar says it allows for more efficiency and fine-tuning of comfort when the various components of the split system communicate with each other.
My question for the salesman who wants me to buy this unit:
- Please explain to me how this communicating system works? Maybe it’s a good thing but from what I’m seeing is that you will have to buy a Tempstar thermostat from Tempstar. If you have problems with the thermostat, you don’t have the option of purchasing an off the shelf thermostat to get you by until the repairman can come and look at it. It’s not a conventional thermostat that you can order online or buy at your local hardware store. I know some things have to be proprietary but a thermostat and a system that will lock you into calling that HVAC contractor for any problems. That whittles down the competition and makes things cost more. I would want to see proof that this communication system adds more efficiency and features over the conventional system.
- Does the system have a diagnostic feature? This helps make the air conditioner troubleshooting process much easier for technicians. That means it will presumably save you money in the long run because the service technician who troubleshoots the system can possibly do his job quicker with this feature.
- Do you offer an extended warranty? If you are buying anything with bells and whistles you will want to purchase the extended warranty that hopefully covers parts and labor. Parts AND Labor!
About | Tempstar Air Conditioner Reviews
There is not much history about Tempstar except the fact they are owned by United Technologies which is the parent company for Carrier.
Tempstar Air Conditioner Reviews | Consumer Ratings
Air Conditioner Breaker Trips | Air Conditioner Condensation Water Dripping – Condensate Leaks | Air Conditioning Blower Motor Repair | Air Conditioner Troubleshooting | HVAC Refrigerant Leaks | Fixing a Refrigerant Leak Air Conditioner Compressor Troubleshooting | Variable Speed ECM Condenser Fan Motors | Burnham Boiler Reviews | Lennox Heat Pump Reviews | Troubleshooting Broken Thermostats | Building Automation Systems | Daikin Air Conditioner Reviews | HVAC Triple Evacuation | Variable Speed ECM Condenser Fan Motors | Ohms Law and HVAC | R-134A PT Chart |
Share your HVAC Photos or ask a question about your HVAC System by uploading a photo of it.