ArcoAire Gas Furnace Reviews | Consumer Opinions- ArcoAire has two specific model series for their gas furnaces. The DuraComfort™ Series and the Performance Series. The DuraComfort™ Series is their premium brand while the Performance Series is their economy brand. Both brand series offer high-efficiency ranges for their top models of gas furnaces. Both brand series also offer minimum AFUE efficiency ranges to increase your purchase options among the two. In the DuraComfort™ and Performance series of ArcoAire gas furnaces, there are 10 gas furnaces ranging in efficiency rating from 80% AFUE to 98% AFUE. With various features and components, both series brands offer many different options for a potential buyer. We’ll cover the basics here and explain the technical side of the more complex components.
ArcoAire Gas Furnace Reviews | Consumer Opinions - Features
Many manufacturers of gas furnaces use the same technology but refer to it in different terms. Since ArcoAire is owned by the same group as Carrier and Bryant some of the design, components, and engineering are the same. Some of their appliances even have the same look. However, while some of the technology is the same the make reference to it in a different term. For whatever reason, perhaps it is simply marketing. No matter, we will fill you in on the terms with terms you understand.
ArcoAire gas Furnace Top AFUE Rating
Some of the features for various ArcoAire gas furnaces include:
- Modulating gas furnaces. The modulation range is not listed but most manufacturers modulate between 40% to 100% of furnace capacity. Depending on the control, this makes the modulating furnaces more efficient. It also adds comfort by reducing temperature swing that you get from single-stage furnaces. Modulating gas furnaces use a modulating gas valve and more speed control over the blower. When the firing rate is less so is the blower speed. When the firing is higher so is the blower speed. These furnaces utilize an ECM blower motor that has its own independent control board.
- Two-stage gas furnaces. ArcoAire gas furnaces with two-stage operation have a low-fire and a high-fire rate. The low-fire rate is around 40 to 50% while the high-fire rate is 100%. The two-stage furnaces, as with the modulating gas furnace, offers less temperature swing which improves comfort and efficiency.
- As mentioned above, select ArcoAire gas furnaces come with an ECM blower motor. ECM blowers offer variable speed which depends on how ArcoAire controls the motor.
- The sound of the furnace is negligible. ArcoAire uses rubber isolation pads for the blower mount and an insulated cabinet to reduce the sound from their furnaces. Thie biggest complaint about some gas furnaces is the noise levels especially when they fire. ArcoAire seems to have taken pains of using methods to dampen any sounds coming from their furnaces.
- Direct hot surface ignition system lights the burners directly rather than using an indirect method such as pilot light. Silicon Nitride ignitors are industry standard and are fairly reliable.
- Select ArcoAire gas furnaces offer a communication ability that includes WiFi and remote monitoring and control. While this feature is nice we will offer advice on this feature below.
ArcoAire Gas Furnace Reviews | Consumer Opinions - Warranties and Other
Many manufacturers offer a communicating thermostat feature. The wiring for these types of thermostats are different than the standard type of conventional thermostat used for years throughout the industry. If you are getting a new system (with this feature) installed we recommend the installation contractor, in addition to running the wire for the communicating thermostat, also run wire for a conventional thermostat.
If something goes wrong with the communicating thermostat you want to have the ability of wiring a new thermostat to make your furnace work. By having the wiring already in place you avoid the time-consuming effort to run wiring to make it work. With wiring already there, a good technician can have the conventional thermostat installed, wired and the furnace running within 30 minutes to an hour.
ArcoAire Gas Furnace Reviews - Warranties
Warranties for ArcoAire gas furnaces vary from furnace to furnace. For a gas furnace, the most important warranty is the heat exchanger. It is a costly repair so you want to be covered. Additionally, for the higher-end premium models, we always recommend parts and labor warranty. Some ArocAire gas furnaces come with a lifetime heat exchanger warranty. Always read the terms and conditions and don’t forget to register the warranty within the manufacturer’s specified timeline from installation.
Arcoaire is a part of International Comfort Products which is owned by United Technologies. United Technologies is the parent company of Carrier, Bryant, and other HVAC brands.
ArcoAire Gas Furnace Reviews | Consumer Opinions
Air Conditioner Breaker Trips | Air Conditioner Condensation Water Dripping – Condensate Leaks | Air Conditioning Blower Motor Repair | American Standard Gas Furnace Reviews | Fixing a Refrigerant Leak | Air Conditioner Compressor Troubleshooting | Variable Speed ECM Condenser Fan Motors | Carrier Gas Furnace Reviews | Burnham Boiler Reviews | Lennox Heat Pump Reviews | Troubleshooting Broken Thermostats | York Gas Furnace Reviews | Goodman Air Conditioner Reviews | Building Automation Systems | Daikin Air Conditioner Reviews | Carrier Air Conditioner Reviews | HVAC Triple Evacuation | Variable Speed ECM Condenser Fan Motors | Run Start Capacitors HVAC Motors | Ohms Law and HVAC
Share your HVAC Photos or ask a question about your HVAC System by uploading a photo of it.