York Heat Pump Reviews | HVAC Consumer Ratings
York Heat Pump Reviews – York offers heat pumps with efficiency ranges from 13 SEER 7.7 HSPF to 18 SEER 9.4 HSPF. Ask many questions if you are considering buying a York heat pump or any other York product for that matter. Some features of York heat pumps are:
- heat pump condensers can come in custom colors including various college sports teams logos
- two-stage compressors in select York heat pumps
- Low RPM ECM condenser fan motor to help reduce airflow noise
- Capacity ranges from 1.5 tons to 5 tons making York heat pumps ideal for residential and light commercial use’
- can be used with gas furnaces when the dual fuel option is added
- Selected models use R-410A refrigerant
York Heat Pump Reviews – Various York Models
York has a top of the line heat pump they call the Affinity™ which has a two-stage compressor for two-stage operation. Other manufacturers are slowly changing their line of premium equipment over to modulating compressors where the system will modulate from 20 percent to 100 percent based on demand. York has not made it there yet but will likely soon follow the competition. I have seen York equipment out in the field and I have no reason to question the quality of the equipment. It works fine and is as good as the next manufacturer.
Always do your homework and ask a lot of questions. Buying a new air conditioner or heat pump is a major purchase and it is especially important that the system be installed properly so choose a good HVAC contractor to do the installation. Preferably a contractor that is recommended by the manufacturer.
York Heat Pump Reviews Conclusion
One word of note about York heat pumps and other products – They do not list much technical information about features for their heat pumps. I have always known York to offer quality products. Ask a lot of questions and encourage them to provide you with specific information so that you can make an informed decision about buying from them.
For more information on York and their latest models and efficiency ratings please see the York website.