Troubleshooting Broken Thermostats | HVAC Control
- Monday, 05 March 2007 10:22
Troubleshooting Broken Thermostats
What you will learn from this article:
1) One of the most common trouble calls for HVAC
2) Basic checks of the thermostat to see if it is broken or?
3) The basics of the thermostat
4) Learn what a heating anticipator is and what type of thermostat uses them.
5) Lots of related useful links to help you learn your HVAC system
Troubleshooting Broken Thermostats – The main connection between the air conditioning and heating system and the end user is the thermostat. Beyond the air conditioning and heating thermostat many people know nothing about their systems that keep them comfortable year round. There comes a time when the thermostat has a problem or the end user wants to replace the thermostat because they think it is a broken thermostat. It is not uncommon for a person to call an HVAC contractor and tell the secretary that they think the thermostat is broken because their air conditioner or heating system does not work. In some instances this is the case while in others the thermostat is not broken but something is wrong with the air conditioning and heating equipment that needs to be repaired. In either case it is usually best to call an HVAC professional to look at the problem especially if you want to replace the thermostat. There are a few things you can check with your thermostat before you call an HVAC professional. A little thermostat troubleshooting is in order.
Related Link: How to Hook up a New Thermostat – A Closer Look
Read more ...
How to Wire a Thermostat | HVAC Control
- Friday, 05 May 2006 10:10
How to Wire a Thermostat
What You Will Learn from this Article:
1) the most common trouble call by service and repair HVAC companies
2) about thermostat wire with a resource for more information
3) the best advice for changing your thermostat
4) the most common mistakes made by DIY thermostat changers
5) the importance of identifying the type of HVAC system you have so you will select the proper thermostat
selecting the proper thermostat resource
6) advisory and disclaimer for installing a new thermostat
7) list of tools commonly needed to install a new thermostat
8) step by step instructions on changing your thermostat along with hints and tips for making the job easier
9) lots of extra links to other articles to make sure you completely understand everything you need to know (and more about thermostats, thermostat wire, and installing a new thermostat
10) some thermostat wire diagrams at the end of the article
Your thermostat or programmable thermostat is an integral part of your comfort system.
These thermostats, whichever type of thermostat or thermostats you have, require little maintenance. Often, I find that the only thing people know about their AC and Heating systems is how to turn the thermostat on and off and change the temperature setting. The purpose of this site is to help people go beyond the thermostat and learn more about their system as a whole, not just a dial on the wall that adjusts the temperature when they are not comfortable. However, we’ll delve into the world of thermostats on this page and hopefully this will help many people.
Honeywell Thermostats Available Here
Types of HVAC Thermostats Article (opens in a new window)
Read more ...