Heat Pump Troubleshooting Advice | Heat Pump Repair
Heat Pump Troubleshooting Advice
: Before calling a heating and air conditioning company, check the following:
- Check selections on thermostat. Ensure that it is set to the desired settings.
- Check power supply. This can include a circuit breaker and or/a regular looking wall switch close to the unit
- Check for freezing up of air conditioner or heat pump units. If the air conditioner or heat pump unit is frozen turn it off. Check the air filter(s) to make sure they are not clogged or obstructed in any way. If you find no problems leave the unit turned off and call a service company.
Heat Pump Troubleshooting Advice - Additional Helpful Hints
- Always change your filter on a monthly basis
- Make sure all your supply vents are open and unobstructed
- Keep area clean around indoor unit especially the return grills
- Keep outdoor condensing units free of leaves, grass, and debris including trash cans and/or children’s toys or playthings like small plastic pools or playhouses. Additionally your service technician will appreciate you not planting holly bushes near the outside unit
- Have air conditioner, heat pump, or furnace system serviced every six months