Carbon monoxide detectors are important to own for those people who burn fossil fuels for heat. Carbon monoxide is a flammable, colorless, odorless, tasteless toxic gas produced during incomplete combustion of fuel - Natural Gas, Oil, Coal, Wood, Kerosene, etc. Someone suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning generally has severe headaches, nausea, and sinus problems. These symptoms generally begin with mild effects and people usually remain unaware of what the exact problems are until, sometimes, it is too late. How many cracked heat exchangers or faulty furnaces are out there that no one knows anything about except a slight headache and nausea? Don't take any chances, get your carbon monoxide detector and call your local heating and air conditioning company for a heater inspection today. Read more on this subject on the Furnace Page.