Air Conditioner Condenser Electrical Components
What you will learn from this article Air Conditioner Condenser Electrical Components:
1) Brief description of air conditioner condenser electrical components
2) Code requirements for the condensing unit feeder circuit, fuse box, and wire running to the condenser
3) Wiring inside the condenser
4) Description of various electrical components inside the condenser
5) Lots of resource and related links to help you learn more
Air Conditioning and heating equipment uses high voltage. Caution is always advised when working around high voltage. When in doubt call a professional. Safety First!!
There are many electrical components inside an air conditioner unit. From relays to contactors to electric motors and wiring. It all works together to make your air conditioner run smoothly. It is almost like a ballet and the air conditioner sequence of operation follows a specific sequence to work properly For the purpose of brevity the focus of this article will be on the condenser and the electrical components in an air conditioner condenser. From the disconnect box on the wall next to the condenser all the way through the control panel and into the components we’ll cover all the various electrical components and how they work together to make your air conditioner work.
Related Link: Read more about condensing units (opens in a new window)