Ruud Air Conditioner Reviews - Consumer Ratings - Ruud offers several air conditioner models from 13 (excluding the 10 SEER commercial unit listed) all the way up to the Ruud 19.5 SEER model of air conditioner. Ruud air conditioners come in various sizes for residential and light commercial applications. Features of selected Ruud air conditioners include:
Ruud Air Conditioner Reviews - Consumer Ratings | Select Features
- On board diagnostics for easier air conditioner troubleshooting on select units
- Fault recall on selected air conditioner circuit boards
- Scroll compressor in selected air conditioners
- Humidity control when the air conditioner condenser is matched with a Prestige series air handler
Ruud Air Conditioner Reviews - Consumer Ratings | Questions for the Salesman
Here is a list of question you may want to pose to the contractor or salesman who gives you the quote.
- Ruud Warranties as Compared to Other Brands 85%
- Ruud Quality as Compared to Other Brands 89%
- Consumer Opinion based on Field Experience 78%
- Ruud Efficiency Compared to Other Brands 90%
- Overall Ruud Opinion from a Technical Perspective 87%
Top Model SEER Rating
- Is the thermostat proprietary? In other words with the communicating system where the Ruud condenser communicates with the Ruud air handler do I have to have a Ruud thermostat to make the system work or can I use an off the shelf thermostat from any hardware store? You are talking about serial communication that requires only two wires. Essentially network wires or twisted pair shielded wire. So if something happens to the thermostat you have to purchase an expensive replacement from Ruud. So the thermostat goes bad on a Friday and you can’t get a replacement until Monday?
- Do they offer an extended warranty that covers labor and parts? Most standard warranties only cover parts and a service call can easily cost you several hundred dollars especially with all these electronics manufacturers are putting in systems these days.
Ruud is the sister company of Rheem. Rheem Manufacturing Company was established in 1920’s by Richard and Donald Rheem when the two brothers bought a galvanizing plant in San Francisco, CA. In the 40’s and 50’s Rheem expanded it’s core product line of water heaters to include air conditioning and heating equipment. Rheem has expanded and is now a global company with offices in Europe, Australia, Canada, Asia, and South America.
For more information on Ruud and their latest models and efficiency ratings visit the Ruud website.