Rheem Air Conditioner Reviews – Consumer Ratings
Rheem Air Conditioner Reviews – Rheem offers several economical air conditioning systems from 13 SEER to 17 SEER for residential and light commercial. Rheem air conditioners come in the Prestige series air conditioner or the Classic series air conditioner and features of various Rheem air conditioners include:
- Energy Star rating on selected ACs
- Two-Stage compressors in selected AC units offer higher efficiency for energy savings
- On board diagnostics on select AC units that detects and records potential problems to make air conditioner troubleshooting easier for technicians servicing the unit.
- Durable cabinets with sound blankets on compressors to reduce noise on selected air conditioners
- Selected air conditioners use R-410A ozone friendly refrigerant
- Easy access panels with pressure controls on selected air conditioners
Rheem Air Conditioner Reviews – Overall Rheem air conditioners are good systems. Rheem condensing units have unique designs that make them stand out from other manufacturers. Some units are low profile so the do not stand out. Rheem does have some proprietary parts that requires you to purchase parts from a Rheem dealer if there is a problem with some components.
Rheem Air Conditioner Reviews – Choosing the Contractor
One of the most important selections you can make when purchasing HVAC equipment is not the name brand of the appliance but the HVAC contractor you choose to install the product for you. It is very important that the system as a whole is installed properly lest problems occur later that will not be covered by warranty simply because the system was installed improperly. So make sure you choose a reputable and reliable HVAC contractor for your next HVAC purchase.
Rheem Air Conditioner Reviews – Consumer Ratings – History
Rheem Manufacturing Company was established in 1920’s by Richard and Donald Rheem when the two brothers bought a galvanizing plant in San Francisco, CA. In the 40’s and 50’s Rheem expanded it’s core product line of water heaters to include air conditioning and heating equipment. Rheem has expanded and is now a global company with offices in Europe, Australia, Canada, Asia, and South America.
For more information on Rheem and their latest models and efficiency ratings visit the Rheem website.