Heil DX 1300 Heat Pump Reviews - Consumer Ratings
Heil is lean on listing features for their products. This can be a good as Heil does not embellish their products with overblown and hyped descriptions. The Heil DX 1300 heat pump is rated at 13 SEER and is Heils economy version Heat Pump. The compressor in the Heil DX 1300 heat pump is a scroll compressor that has a sound blanket for quieter operation. The unit looks attractive and is simple in design as well as features.
Heils listed features for the DX 1300 heat pump are:
- Scroll compressor with sound blanket as described above. Two-stage Scroll compressor in selected Heil heat pumps.
- A galvanized steel cabinet desinged to allow proper airflow and easy coil cleaning.
- Copper coils with aluminum fins for maximum heat exchange which equates to efficiency and energy savings.
- Airflow discharge is designed for maximum airflow and quiet operation.
- Equipped with a two-speed fan that normally operates on low speed to make it quieter than a fan that runs at 100% all the time.
- A control board with diagnostics and makes wiring simple and easy for the installer. Diagnostics make for easier technician troubleshooting any heat pump problems.
Many of the listed features for the Heil DX 1300 heat pump are typical in the industry. Heil seems to go to great pains to make the unit quiet and I have heard many complaints from consumers about noisy air conditioner and heat pump condensers. Heil has an industry standard 10 limited compressor warranty and a 5 year limited parts warranty. Always check to see if extended warranties are available from the manufacturer especially when purchasing the more expensive models that have bells and whistles.
While there are more expensive models available from Heil we like the Heil DX1300. On a scale of 1 to 10 we give it a 7.
For more on Heil and their latest models and efficiency ratings please see the Heil website
Heil DX 1300 Heat Pump Reviews