Ducane Heat Pump Reviews – Consumer Ratings
Ducane is known as a builders grade brand for HVAC equipment so you will not got all the bells and whistles you would with one of the bigger name brands such as Lennox or Trane. Ducane by the way is owned by Lennox but Ducane has its niche producing heat pumps and other HVAC products that does not have the bells and whistles. Ducane heat pump come in efficiency ranges from 13 SEER 7.5 HSPF to 18 SEER 9.2 HSPF. Ducane heat pump features the following in selected models:
- All Ducane heat pumps are factory run tested
- Discharge muffler for quiet operation – this feature is industry standard
- Solid-state defrost controls
- low pressure switch to protect the compressor in the event of loss of charge or other problem that causes low pressures
- Selected Ducane heat pumps come with coil guards
- Diagnostics control board for easier heat pump troubleshooting
- Short cycle protection
Ducane Heat Pump Reviews – Consumer Ratings | Technical Details
Anyone who has owned a heat pump knows sometimes the heat pumps a lot of noise especially when shifting from the heating mode to the defrost mode. Technically when the heat pump goes into defrost mode it goes from heating to cooling for the condenser while the air handler energizes the back-up heat. Speaking of back up heat, most heat pumps utilize electric heat strips for the back up heat. It may cost a little more but with a gas furnace as back up heat you can save some money. It’s called dual fuel and a good economical heat pump uses a gas rather than electric for the back up heat.
Ducane was found in 1947 in Union City, New Jersey and was eventually purchased by Lennox. Ducane produces HVAC products for residential and light commercial applications including gas furnaces, oil furnaces, unit heaters, heat pumps, and air conditioners.