American Standard Heat Pump Reviews - Consumer Ratings . American Standard currently offers several heat pumps of various capacities. These heat pumps have efficiency ranges between 13 SEER 9 HSPF to 20 SEER 10 HSPF. American Standard uses the name Platinum/Gold/Silver to describe their models of heat pumps. The high-efficiency Platinum 20 Communicating Heat Pump is the premium model. The Silver 13 Heat Pump is their economy model. American Standard uses Platinum for their top of the line heat pump. For more economical models they use Silver and Gold. The Platinum models being the most efficient with all the bells and whistles. The economy model is the 13 SEER Silver. The Silver is the basic model and most economical to purchase. Finally, the Platinum model is the most feature rich. The Platinum is also the most expensive model available from American Standard.
American Standard Heat Pump Reviews - Consumer Ratings | Features
Select features of American Standard heat pumps are:
- Two-Stage heating and cooling in selected American Standard Heat Pump units
- Variable speed ECM condenser fan motors and variable speed ECM blower motors in selected American Standard Heat Pump models
- Spine fin condenser coils in American Standard Heat Pumps
- Communications options in the American Standard top of the line Heat Pump
- American Standard Warranties as Compared to Other Brands 92%
- American Standard Quality as Compared to Other Brands 95%
- Consumer Opinion based on Field Experience 84%
- American Standard Efficiency Compared to Other Brands 93%
- Overall American Standard Opinion from a Technical Perspective 85%
American Standard Heat Pump Top SEER Rating
American Standard Heat Pump Top HSPF Rating
The warranty available on Platinum models includes 12 years on the compressor and ten years on parts. All warranties from various manufacturers are limited including the warranty from American Standard. Make sure you read and understand the warranty especially on major purchases. Especially when you make the purchase decision based on the warranty. Additionally, always register the warranty as soon as possible after installation is complete.
American Standard became Tappan Air Conditioning division in 1972. American-Standard purchased the Trane Company in 1984. American-Standards name revived in 1988. American Standard is based out of Tyler, Texas. They produce air conditioning and heating equipment along with other products for the home. Finally, in 2008 American Standard was acquired by Ingersoll-Rand along with American Standards sister company Trane.
More American Standard Reviews
American Standard Air Conditioner Reviews – Consumer Ratings
American Standard Condensing Units Reviews - Consumer Ratings
American Standard Gas Furnace Reviews - Consumer Ratings
American Standard Package Unit Reviews - Consumer Ratings
For more information on American Standard and their latest models and efficiency ratings please see the American Standard website.
American Standard Heat Pump Reviews - Consumer Ratings