Amana AMH95 Gas Furnace Reviews | Consumer Ratings
Amana AMH95 Gas Furnace Reviews – When we think of Amana we think about refrigerators and dishwashers. Amana broke into the HVAC market many years ago and they are going strong even after an ownership change.
Amana offers the AMH95 Gas Furnace as part of their overall HVAC equipment line-up. It is a high efficiency gas furnace that is rated at 95% efficient which is very good for your gas bill and keeping you warm in the winter time. Amana offers a good warranty to go with the AMH95 Gas Furnace.
Amana AMH95 Gas Furnace Reviews | Consumer Ratings – Warranty Information
Amana AMH95 Gas Furnace Reviews – A lifetime warranty (to the original owner only) on the heat exchanger and a 10 year parts limited warranty on all the functional parts. This makes it one of the best off the shelf warranties you can get unless you pay extra for an extended warranty.
Amana AMH95 Gas Furnace Reviews | Consumer Ratings – Features
Some of the features listed with the Amana AMH95 Gas Furnace are:
- Patented Stainless-Steel heat exchanger that is tubular. Tubular heat exchangers are different than the clam-shell variety heat exchangers. Regardless the design, the important part is that the heat exchanger is efficient and safe. With a lifetime warranty on this heat exchanger Amana is backing up durability and safety.
- A silicon nitride igniter that has adaptive learning. The silicon nitride igniter is rugged and durable. Amana has tested this by trying to put through a piece of wood. They claim success without breaking the igniter. This not standard with most hot surface igniters as the break easily and require replacement. Whats more? The silicon nitride igniter in the Amana AMH95 has adaptive learning. It compensates for voltage variations in the line voltage and it learns to apply just the right amount of heat to ignite the gas. This is good and not standard for many manufacturers. On the surface it does save a little bit of money by reducing the power it consumes to light the gas but this is minimal compared to the overall scheme of energy savings. However, with the fuel crunch going on and rising power and energy costs it never hurts to save every little bit you can save.
- Electronic Control Board with Self-Diagnostics – this is standard among many manufacturers including the Amana Gas Furnace. Electronics or solid state components have replaced the use of relays and miles of wiring in a lot of things including HVAC equipment. Self-Diagnostics is also a common feature among many different HVAC equipment offered on the market today. Some Self-Diagnostic features are smarter than others but Amana is keeping up with the Jones by offering a self-diagnostic board with their equipment.
- Run-Tested at the Amana Gas Furnace factory before shipping – another common feature that is part of many manufacturers quality assurance departments. Amana would not look so good shipping 100 units without a thing-a-ma-jig plus it would cost them a lot of money to have the units fixed in the field versus checking to make sure everything works at the factory before shipping.
- Two-Stage firing rate for the Amana AMH95 Gas Furnace – This is becoming more and more common among manufacturers of gas fired furnaces. As technology advances gas furnaces will also modulate the firing rate based on demand rather than off just one or two firing rates. Another manufacturer already offers a modulating furnace that can fire between 40% to 100% based on demand. Amana has not offered this technology yet but rest assured as the competition adopts these new technologies and energy saving strategies Amana will offer them also in the future.
Amana AMH95 Gas Furnace Reviews | Consumer Ratings – Conclusion
Overall the Amana AMH95 Gas Furnace gets high marks for their features and efficiency ratings. Add the better than average warranty and this makes it a go for the purchase of the Amana AMH95 Gas Furnace.
For more about Amana and their latest models and efficiency ratings please see the Amana website.